does your husband always want you to come out in the garage when he is working on something or does he like to be left alone?

mine always says "you can come help if ya want to"..(i know he just feels guilty sometimes for coming home from work and then working more on cars)..but i get so dang bored and i can't stand being out there! I have no clue what he is doing and i just feel like im gonna get in his way if i ask too many questions about stuff. It really doesnt bother me that he is working. I was just wondering if anyone elses hubby's wants them around when they are in the garage or do they just like to be left alone to work and what do you do?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Trust me, you wont get in his way if you ask too many questions...guys LOVE explaining that kind of stuff cuz they feel like they know everything when talking to someone who knows nothing about cars. lol...but my hubby doesn't work on cars but I've always been one to hang out with the guys I guess....when hubby's outside with the BB gun...or putting speakers in the car...I'm usually there...He gets enough time to himself playing video games lol
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• On our second date at his house, before we were married, I asked why he didn't keep his car in the garage. He didn't want me to see in there. Then I found the "Jeep Project."

Well, I made a hard and fast rule. "I really like dating you, but I don't work on cars. I'll make you a sandwich when you work on cars, but I'm not coming out there and holding something, Not even a flash light."

DH likes sandwiches more than company when he's in the garage any way.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My x did...it was like he needed applause or something for what he was doing...he also needed me to accompany him to the hardware store whenever he fixed something...I always encouraged him to go alone but he wanted me to go along every damn time...it was weird, I still don't get that...he'd go to the grocery store by himself.......???
    Anonymous

• i thinkk thats why i dont want to go out there because my x was the same way. I always had to hold something or go to the freaking part store...then i would come back with the wrong thing and i would be sent back again. I HATED him. I think i'm going to just leave the garage for him so i dont get strung into that again
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My Hubby loves it when I'm out in the shop/garage with him. I have learned a few things, and help him when he needs it.. We have an ongoing "jeep project". He's always doing something to our Monster Jeep. We also have 2 jet ski's, a range rover, another jeep of our sons, 2 dirtbikes, and a riding lawnmower, there's always something to do out there. Our boys are out there too unless they are doing homework, or sleeping. If I don't go out there I don't get a whole lot of time with him when he's home.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I spend a lot of time in the garage with my husband.  I have a corner with my armchair and table for my smokes and coffee and sit out there with my laptop while he works on his motorcycle.  In the summer we spend a lot of our evenings out there together.  I usually put my cafemom playlist on in the background and we work in silent companionship with occasional conversation.  He has even told me how much he enjoys my companionship.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• i did go out all the time when i smoked. I think thats the main reason now that i try to stay in..i would feel like i would cave in
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I look at it as the women clean and the men scratch their heads on it but when it comes to working on cars then they know what they are talking about and love explaining it.Mine talks about cars non stop and says guys understand more and women dont listen.so if you ask they feel honored.personally I dont wont to smell the exhaust or chemicals so I pretend to be interested and go back in the house.as he always says its a guy thing.
    welldone

Answer by welldone at 7:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Mine doesn't care either way. I do enjoy sitting out there and even helping. We usually have a "Mustang project" going except when he wants to actually drive it and puts it all together. But he seems that he doesn't mind working out there by himself even, bonus is that if he is out working on the car and I have stuff to do inside, I get to send the kids outside while he keeps an ear out for them.
    adove01

Answer by adove01 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My hubby loves when I'm with him when he's working on one of our cars. I feel like a nuisence for asking a million questions but then I can make him proud by answering a question about it later on. I've learned sooo much from just sitting with him and talking about random stuff.
    This last summer he pulled his engine apart to take the head in to be fixed.. yup I know a lot of things now!! I've help replace a fuel line.. lots of things. hmm Maybe I'll have him talk me through the oil pump now (my truck needs its replaced). For my dh its just about spending time with me. A luxury we rearely have.
    ballerina_06

Answer by ballerina_06 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2010