Whoe will hire pregnant women!?!?!

I have been looking for a job for a while and its getting ridiculous.
any suggestions??

dani_c

Asked by dani_c at 7:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What kind of job are you looking for? What can you do? Can't suggest without knowing your skill set.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• walmart hired me when i was 4 months preg
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• well all the skills I have is retail. :/
    dani_c

Answer by dani_c at 7:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• It's hard to find a job right now. Employers are not supposed to discriminate against pregnant women. Have you ever thought about working from home? I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 10 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 7:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• How about a Babies R Us or Motherhood Maternity?

Answer by gdiamante at 7:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I had a job interview today and I hid how pregnant I am really well and then the guy walked me out to my car and saw our "family stickers." AH! DH put them on because he's so happy I'm pregnant. You know, the little stick figure ones that are so the rage. And the guy was like, "You have a baby? No car seat? Wishful thinking? Are you pregnant?" And they are totally not supposed to ask! And I'm not going to lie. But I do have a meeting with the CIO and CEO next week. Grrr....
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Old Navy hired me when I was 6 months pregnant. Gap, Inc. is a really family-friendly company.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 7:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• not alot of places will but if you find one your soooo lucky I had to wait untill after I was hired to tell them becuase I knew they wouldnt hire me and it was a bank.
    Anonymous

• If you can prove discrimination, you should file: www.eeoc.gov

Answer by rkoloms at 11:17 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Be careful getting a new job while pregnant!! I found out I was pregnant right after my boss hired me. She told me it wasn't a big deal- but the company ended up screwing me over. Lost my insurance at 37 weeks, and now my boss has told me she doesn't have any open hours for me to go back to work. I wish you the best of luck. Just make sure that you are going to a place that is truely family friendly. And if they give you insurance make sure you can keep it when you cu tback on your hours!
    Anonymous