are ouija boards a form of devil worship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, they're just a form of adolescent stupidity.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• No. They are used as a form of divination and communication with the dead. I know some view any contact with 'spirits' as evil or wrong, but I don't. As with anything though, if not used or properly, it can attract negative energy. You also need to 'close' it after use or negative energy can get through then was as well. It's not a toy even though it's packaged and presented as such.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• you believe in that ihartu? kind of surprised
    Anonymous

• I think it depends on your own beliefs. Some think it's just a game but others believe they can communicate with one's who have passed. For the ones who do believe it depends on who/what they are trying to communicate with.
    Anonymous

• Worship would be an act of praise, allegiance, or honor. That's not what a ouija board is. They have nothing to do with the devil. The devil exists in Christianity. Ouija board has history in the BC times in the far east-- so separated from Christianity and the concept of a devil-- can't even relate the two.

I can understand how Christian teachings would view this as something that would give false prophecy or speak false truths because Christians rely on the direct word of God through holy texts and Christ.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I would say it's definately not advisable at all.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Anon 7:29

Believe in what? The paranormal? I have had numerous experiences my entire life and so have my children and that I can't ignore, so yes... I do believe there is something- just not related to God, a soul, religion or what people think of as a conventional 'ghost'. I think everyone has a 'life force' made of energy and when they die, that energy remains behind. If that energy accumulates or was very strong in life and death, it can manifest and have the appearance it did in life. I also think it can be capable of manipulating objects and people.

Atheists usually do not believe in the supernatural and I'm of the small percentage that does. I just think it remains tagged as the 'unknown' because science hasn't caught up with it yet. I do think everything we call paranormal is natural and explainable through science and I hope to see that happen one day.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• no,its a way to invite the uninvited
    welldone

Answer by welldone at 7:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• NO.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yes... you are contacting demons in the demonic realm http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/ouija.htm

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2010