Post-partum tampon question...maybe TMI...

So, I'm 8 weeks post-partum (had a c-section) & this past Monday, I got the Paragard IUD inserted. The next day, I began to have a period. Very sick of using pads, I go to use a tampon today, but it feels like I can't get it all the way in. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the Paragard...I don't think so, because I had sex without a problem a couple days ago. It's really uncomfortable & I need to figure out why it is, 'cause I really hate using pads...any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Health

• a lot of it may be to do with the brand... your body changes after a baby, and not all tampons are created equal. to top it off, using an applicator tampon can also position it incorrectly. after having kids the ONLY tampon I can use is OB.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• those are the only brand i've ever used...
    Anonymous

• Maybe you're putting it in wrong? Try putting the applicator in a different way. That happens to me sometimes. I too HATE pads...and I also just got the ParaGard and am now on my period! lol :)
    Anonymous

• my son is 4 and I still have this problem, it feels almost like it isn't straight, and too long? I hate it and I haven't found any tampons that don't feel that way, I hate OB, but I may have to start using them again.
    Anonymous