Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what to do im going insane?? do u think i will get full custody?

ok so heres my problem i am 17 and getting married on the 19th to an amzing guy who in not the biological father of my child but yet im having doubts bc i love both her father (in a different way) and my bf but her father was abusive at timess i think i worry bc court is coming up for custody and im afraid if i dnt go back to him ill loose her andi coud never handle that i also fear he will get joint custody which im afraid he will hit her the way he did me i have one witness to te abuse (my mother) wat are my chances


Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Your mom will go to bat for you. You can contact your women's shelter/ women's resource center. They have many free services for child protection and custody issues where abuse has happened. Every county has one.

    Babies are rarely taken from their mothers. I bet once he has to start paying child support, he won't even want to be around. Men disappear. They talk a big talk but diaper changing and feeding and not being able to do what they want is too hard for many of them.

    Hold off on getting married. If this guy loves you then he'll enjoy a long engagement to build up to a big wedding. Seriously. You'll both have a happier marriage if you put off the big day.

    Answer by ecodani at 10:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

  • Did you file a police report? THat would improve your chances. But they are excellent in any case.

    Answer by gdiamante at 8:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

  • i started to file a ppo once but got scared is it to late

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

  • You are only 17, don't marry anyone if you aren't sure. Don't go back to the father of your child if he was abusive.

    The biological father will get at least visitation no matter what he did to you. Depending on the state you live in he may get joint custody. If he wants to see his child you are going to have to deal with this man until your child is 18 or maybe older.


    Answer by Gailll at 8:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

  • dont go back to him because of a child,Ive done this many times with my daughters father.And they never change they get worse.He never became a better father either,even to this day.The courts told me he has the right to see her and gave him joint c. but I made it where he can come and see her at my house,with supervision.but he cant take her.He did make his appereances,thinking he could get under my bf skin and then gave up and doesnt have anything to do with her.for full custody he would have to sign his rights over for marriage be patient and take your time.

    Answer by welldone at 10:46 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

Next question in Relationships
lip smacking

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
any moms from upstate NY????