How long does it take for a cold to go away in a toddler

Hi I have a 16 month old little girl she had this cold for three weeks now and we been to the doctor's and he said let is go through the course and if she gets worse or before she gets worse bring her in if any new comes along. this happen a week before she got the h1n1 shot. I was wandering what I can do for her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Usually a cold is about 2 weeks. I suppose it could be three weeks to get rid of all of the cough, but if she has other symptoms- fever, wheezing, discolored mucus, you may want to take her in again, or just for your peace of mind. Or even call the office and ask.

Answer by Bmat at 8:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Three weeks is a long time for a cold. You might want to call the doctor.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• you aren't supposed to vaccinate when sick. now your baby has to deal with a cold and the h1n1 vac. it is a lot for a little one to deal with. don't medicate! keep her well hydrated and well rested! she will get over it!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2010