If u loved man and u been together for some years would u ask him to marry u?

Me and kids father been together for 6 years on and off. He has proposed to 3 times and I was not ready at the time. For a lot of reason, so when I was ready I asked him. By the way he said not now

officerdouglas

Asked by officerdouglas at 8:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Sure, why not? I told my DH he was going to marry me. My mother was on my back about it so much and then she offered to pay for it, so I just told him, we are going to get married. That was that. We weren't engaged, but we planned on being together so why not marry?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• It would have been nice if you got married before you had children.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Yeah I wish to God I would of but I didn't so there nothing I can do about it now.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 8:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Oh don't worry about the would of, could of, should of.. It is the past and nothing you can do now will change it. As for you question, I asked DH to marry me, the 17th is our 18th year anniversary.

Ask again when things are calmer if they are crazy or he may have wanted to ask you again, and now that he knows you are willing he may pop the question. GL :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Paybacks a bitch.
    Anonymous

• Well, I wish you the best with your DH and i see nothing wrong with you asking him. Whatever works for the two of you is none of my business. I hope that when the time is right that things will fall into place the way they were meant to.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I definitely would have if my hubby didn't ask first. I see nothing wrong with women asking their men to marry them. When I was with my ex in high school I asked him if he would go out with me and he said yes and come to find out he was too shy to ask me out. I thought it was cute. With my hubby I pretty much asked him out just by kissing him because that showed him that I was really into him. If he's not ready yet then wait a little while especially if things are a little crazy right now.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• i would but im scared! the whole rejection thing
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• AAAAHHHH????
    Did he say "WHY"????
    or
    just because, you have turned him down before ?
    PM, me if you would like to talk .........
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• travelNo. I'd tell him when and where the wedding was going to be. If he showed up we'd get married and if not I'd pack my clothes but that's just me.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:34 AM on Jan. 15, 2010