chest pain

im only 23 and i have been havin chest pain and sever anxiety lately. im blaming it on stress. my cars broke down, ive been taking the bus to school and work. its cutting out on time i get to spent with my 3yr old. i barely have any money. i was thinkn about callin the doc tomorrow but i dont even like to take tylenol so im not looking for a prescription here. i dont even know what my question is! lol ... but any advice would be good!

rahrahsmama

Asked by rahrahsmama at 8:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Health

• Chest pain can be caused by a lot of things- things stress related, too. such as heartburn. From what I understand, you should not let it go though. Find out what is doing it for sure so that you'll know. It is better to find out then have it be something that could have been treated if it had been caught early enough.

Answer by Bmat at 8:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I agree, go to your doc. Chest pain shouldn't be ignored. In your case it very well could be stress related, but it is always a good idea to have a medical professional check you out to make that call so you know for sure. Hope you get better and things start to look up for you!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 8:55 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• if you really believe the stress is causing your pain, then you could try yoga. you could even try deep breathing. most of us don't breathe in deeply enough during non stress times, let alone stressful times. exercise can help w/ stress too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Going to the doc will do minimal help. since you are young, they wont consider evaluation outside checking bloodpressure ansd temp. Maybe cognitive thinking therapy can help, but that is the only doc Id go to for chest pain. SO many people come in for it, many medical faculty will roll thier eyes. Practice meditation and breathing techniques.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 3:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• thank you all for your answers!!
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 6:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Your right chest pain is nothing to play with. I do think you should go to the doctor. Doctors have scripts that can be taken only when needed. This prevents addiction. You have to tell the doctor you have a three year old so if you do take a script it wont knock you out where you are unable to take care of your baby.
    Anonymous