? for those who do NOT live in the United States.....

has your country sent aide to Haiti and if they have, are the people of your country complaining as loudly as some of those here in the United States?

And...part 2....

did your country send aide to the United States after 9/11 and/or Hurricane Country?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's a great question. The US gets bashed all the time, but they are almost always the first to bring money, supplies, and aid to any country with a disaster.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Why? Are we having a contest?
    Anonymous

• is the US supposed to be selfish with their financial aid like every other country?
    Anonymous

• When was Hurricane Country? I don't recall that one.........
    Anonymous

• I haven't even heard that many people complaining. And in answer to your question, though I AM from the Unites States, our country gives more aid than ANY other country, and many, many people do so willingly and without any complaints. And like a PP said, when was Hurricane Country? Maybe you shouldn't be on Cafemom, Op. Maybe you should be out collecting supplies and donations to help the relief efforts instead of pointing fingers on Cafemom.
    Anonymous

• I was watching Today this morning and they were on the runway at the airport in Haiti. They showed the plane from China that was delivering supplies. There was a plane from Cuba that was full of doctors and nurses (70 total) that were there to offer their services. There was another country that landed there in the 20mins I was watching, but I don't remember who it was... Maybe Australia??? Anyway, I'm not sure if they helped us during Katrina or 9/11, but it was still heart warming to see other countries step in and help the poor people of Haiti.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 9:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• .I live on a small carribean island and the people here have been setting up help and collecting money since yesterday but i havent heard a single complaints.
    A lot of south american countries sent out help to haiti as soon as they could, it may not be huge amounts of money but they do give, charity is not an exclusivelly american thing at all.
    I'm not sure what you mean with hurrican country but i know that a lot of help was offered to the us after hurricane katrina by other countries, i know that the offer by the dutch to send in a team of real flood experts was turned down by the us but i dont know what happened to the rest of the offers.
    Even Chaves of venezuela sent out help to haity.
    Anonymous

• The people in my country are not complaining about helping. They are scrambling to help and every person I have talked to is helping too, not just our government. Yes, my country sent money to the America for both 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina, even though America is one of the richest nations in the world. I can't believe the people in such a country like America are complaining about helping a country like Haiti..
    Anonymous

• I haven't heard a single complaint from this great country. Anyone who would complain should just shut up and live in their shack. The USA is awesome and the best at helping. PLEASE say what country you are from and what you have heard about your country's contributions.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Canada has sent aid, the first of the gov't aid should already be there and by 5pm yesterday the Red Cross had over $1million dollars in donations. Even before this Haiti was our second largest aid recipient after Afghanistan.

We did also send aid to NO after Katrina, and after 9/11. Many Americans were stranded in various Canadian cities after flights were grounded and were treated to gracious hospitality by us as well as the rescue workers and other aid that we sent.

I have not heard one complaint about us sending aid to a country and people who need it very badly. My personal opinion is that anyone who would begrudge these people this are very, very selfish.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2010