How many calories must you burn to lose 1 lb- and how many calories does a body naturally burn daily w/o exercising?

letsgetreal

Asked by letsgetreal at 5:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• How Many Calories Do You Need to Lose Weight? - Associated Content

Apr 18, 2007 ... In other words you must burn more calories than you take in. ... So there it is, to lose 1lb of fat per week, we have to burn 3500 calories ...
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• How many calories does your body naturally burn a day? - Yahoo ...
    How many calories does your body naturally burn a day? ... 1800 if I sit on my butt all day and do nothing, or 2200 if I engage in my normal daily routine. ...
    answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080104144257AAsUhl6 - 41k -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:01 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• You need to burn 3500 calories to lose 1 lb. Everyone burns different amounts of calories a day w/ or w/out exercising. You can look up "Daily caloric intake" to find out how many calories you need a day.
    nkleintank

Answer by nkleintank at 6:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Good Lord I don't know. It all seems like a never ending battle to me!!
    MommyInfinity

Answer by MommyInfinity at 8:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• **my answer was too long so I'll PM you the whole thing, this is part of it**
    Your metabolism determines how many calories you burn "at rest". The best way to boost your metabolism is to first be sure not to intake a lot of simple carbohydrates. The second thing is to make sure you eat at regular (2-3 hour) intervals during the day even if it means taking a cooler with you when you go places.

As for your question about how many calories to lose one pound, the answer is 3500. It is healthy to lose about 1-2 pounds per week.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• -3500 to lose a pound. To find out how much you are buring just being alive you need to find your basal metabolic rate (BMR). There are calculators online that can help you figure that out.
    hollster

Answer by hollster at 4:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• You have to burn about 3500 extra calories to lose one pound.

How much your body uses a day varies... fat tissue burns far fewer calories than muscle. So, as you exercise and gain muscle, your body will burn more calories even when you are asleep.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• www.healthstatus.com
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• it depends on what your heart beat is -- you have to get your heart rate up but if you over do it then you won't burn any. a heart rate watch is great!
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 9:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2008