a literal pain in my butt

has anyone ever had one? i don't see anything on the outside, so I know it's not an external one, but I have pain and a tiny bit of bright red blood whenever i strain to go to the bathroom. If your was internal, was it painful? Sometimes after I go to the bathroom, the pain even seems to radiate to my groin, but goes away shortly after.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Health

• I can't say that I remember having one other than after delivering a baby. But I do know that a little blood is ok, especially if you are straining. There are a lot of tiny blood vessels that can easily rupture which I'm sure is what the pain when you go is from. For that, I would recommend an over the counter stool softener. They don't make you have to go, just make it more comfortable. What worries me is the radiating pain that you mentioned. It could be nothing, but it could be something. I would definitely call the dr about that part.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• hemorrhoids, I mean*
    Anonymous

• oh.. didn't know you were talking about hemorrhoids.. just thought you meant in general.. but my answer could fit with that too I suppose. Though I've never had them.. Sorry..
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Well first don't strain. That will make it worse. Either way they hurt. If it is on the outside you can just go and get some hemorrhid cream or witch hazel cloths. If it in the inside you need to see a Dr to get a prescription for that. If they are really bad I would say see a Dr. Make sure you are really clean it good. Because with them bleeding means they are ripped open and then can get infected.
    Anonymous

• i had hemorrhoids on the inside..... what you're describing sounds like what i experienced, but i bled alot. it went away eventually, but try to drink alot of water and eat whatever makes your stool a little on the soft side (for me it's lots of fresh fruit). having hard stool or straining alot makes it worse and takes longer to heal up.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I was having bad pains. I went to the doc to be referred to a colonoscopist...well I had a polyp and hemmoroids. Its probly hemms so DONT STRAIN!!!
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 3:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2010