my daughter stays up untill 2am what should i do

nikki808

Asked by nikki808 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is she?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• How old is she? My daughter recently went through a weird staying-up-late phase, and I just had to show a little authority by laying her down in her crib (which she never has a problem doing) and telling her "it's night-night time" - even if I had to do it over and over for a half an hour. She would fuss and get whiny, but it only lasted for maybe two nights and we were right back on schedule. I think the key is to stay calm, and stay in the room. I did have to rock her a little which she normally does not like. But this all happened like a couple of weeks ago and she's 10 months now, so I chalk it up to her testing us.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 10:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Make the bedtime routine more calm and quiet, keep the lights down low and keep the tv and radio off. Try to have dinner or snack time early enough so she won't be overfull and be uncomfortable.
    Anonymous

• My son does the same thing. It isn't about him being defiant or anything he just can't sleep until then. He is four and lies down at around 9 and can't actually fall asleep until about 2. I have asked doctors and they said it was no big deal. I dont know.
    Anonymous

• My son does that from time to time. He is now 3 months. Wake her up at 7 A.M. I know it can be hard but keep her up let her take naps but not sleep all day. Wake her up play with her talk to her feed her and then soon. I would say with in a few days she will sleep earlier. My son is still young. However his brother and sister used to sleep through the night after a couple of months. He doesn't want to. Sometimes he has belly aches (gas). So I do my best with him. He seems to be on a better pattern.
    Kawolsky

Answer by Kawolsky at 10:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I remeber those days!!! We were just talking about this with our 14 year old daughter. I think she just liked getting up to watch Zena princess warrior. it's a pahse they go through. Run her during the day and tire her out!!!!!!!
    mrogers2345

Answer by mrogers2345 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• oops I forgot if the tot can't run yet good old fresh air tires them out.
    mrogers2345

Answer by mrogers2345 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My 4 year old does this, and he'll get back up at 9!!!!!!!!!
    Jenniy

Answer by Jenniy at 12:55 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Well you never said how old your baby is. If its 2 months there's pretty much nothing you can do. :)
    But if your baby is 11 months you can put her on a schedule with a consistent bedtime routine. My dd was staying up til 2am too until at 10 months I took the reins and upped my parenting. At the same time everyday I gave her a bath, had storytime, then put her in her crib with a nightlight and left the room. She cried for 10 minutes (my personal torture lol) but after that she was fine. The bedtime routine allowed her to know bedtime was coming so it wouldnt be a shock. I think proper sleep is critical to a child's development and a mom's sanity! I was so excited to put her to bed and actually have time to myself and with my husband. Try it for a couple weeks and see the difference.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:42 AM on Jan. 15, 2010