SO i drank a glass of wine

o im five months pregnant, and me and my fiance were over at our neighbors and i had a glass of wine.
Is it bad????

BABYnME610

Asked by BABYnME610 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a glass of wine with every one of my pregnancies. My Midwife said it was fine. I was pregnant each time on New Years.. LOL So I always allowed myself one glass to ring in the new years.
    PennStateMomma

Answer by PennStateMomma at 10:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• no. one glass won't hurt. only ABUSING alcohol will... you're fine.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I think you can have a glass a wine, but for me i wouldnt that just me. i didnt drink and caffine when i was preg.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 10:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I would have an occasional 1/2 glass of red wine in my 3rd trimester. I did research first so I felt okay doing it. A lot of people don't agree with that though.....
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 10:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• no, it's ok to have one once in a while
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• i had about 4 drinks my entire pregnancy ( i was on my honeymoon cruise ) they werent all at once of course and i had one glass of wine on my 21st b-day i was 8 months pregnant everything turned out fine! just dont go crazy you know
    Anonymous

• Just drink plenty of water because the sulfites can really make you hot and pregnancy can screw with your temperature anyway. You'll pee it all out.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• about once every two weeks i would have half a glass of wine and a nice bubbly bath with a book. just cause i was huge doesnt mean i couldnt enjoy a little me time:)
    reddforsyth

Answer by reddforsyth at 10:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Why do women always ask this question but they don't think twice about getting an epidural- which is a lot more harmful than a glass of wine.

You'll be fine. Stop being so childish. (Re: is it bad?????)

Anonymous

• I have some FASD students I'd like you all to meet, then you can tell me if it's okay to drink alcohol while pregnant. How do you know that one glass of wine isn't or didn't affect your child? Because you know that your baby got some of it, would you put some in a bottle for them the day they were born? One glass may not cause the extreme effects at the severe end of the FASD spectrum, but there is a mild end of it, and I'm sure as hell not knocking a few point off my child's IQ or affecting their impulse control by indulging in alcohol while pregnant. But hey, job security for me I guess.

I'm very passionate about this issue. I would not see a Dr or midwife who felt it was okay to drink alcohol while pregnant and I do have less respect for women who make the choice to do it. Call me judgemental, but it is something that can have very serious effects and it does not need to happen.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2010