am I doing the right thing

ok I know i lucky to be ask to be married after haven and 11 and 9 year boy.But is it normal to be scared and have negative thinking like I scared it wont work out just like my first marriage. I kind new to this site and just move back to Indy. and wondering am I doing the right thing for my boys. I don't have the money to go any where because i am on a budget income. and my soon to be husband is haven a hard time find a job. I am a full time student online at university of phoenix and I just don't know what i am doing these day. I do love this man and he loves me but money is being a problem what can I do to solve these problem or am i just worry to much.

marty0764

Asked by marty0764 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in About CafeMom

• If you two are in love and want to marry, then go for it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I think it's always normal to be scared about getting married. Especially if you've been there, done that, and it didn't work out. Money problems are the #1 reason for divorce in the U.S. (or at least in the top 5) so I would sit down with your man and look at all the financial stuff. What debt do each of you have, what savings, what assets, your incomes, your bills, any unemployment, or PA you may have and since you're a student, you need to look at how it may affect you financial aid if you receive it. Lay everything out on the table and see if you feel better about it all. If you're still worried about that end of things, maybe see a counselor.
    Also, if you are marrying him because you love him, then yes, it's right. But don't marry him just to have some one, or just because you don't have the money to move, or just so your sons have a dad. I hope it all works out for you. You deserve to be happy!
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Base your decision on what is best for your children, and you will be just fine.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:39 AM on Jan. 15, 2010