My husband has been deployed for almost a year. I'm in this town with very few friends and no family. For the last week or so my 2 1/2 year old has been pushing me to the edge.. I just can't take anymore. HELP! Please bring me back...

I just need some kind words... If you want to be negative I really don't care. :0)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i think that you deserve a break, and commend you for being so strong. My advice hire a babysitter for an hour or two and schedule some Me-time. Go for a massage, haircut anything that makes you feel good.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• have you considered finding a preschool/childcare place that allows drop offs? I use to take my daughter to a child care place that let me drop her off/pick her up anytime during their business hours and I only paid around 3/hour. It might help you keep your sanity. You could go to a movie or something!
    On another note, I really appreciate your families sacrafice! I don't think I could do it!
    Anonymous

• i'm sorry that must be hard for you if it helps any my 2 year old has been driving me crazy to, but theres always going to be better days than others maybe you can go back and spend some time with family that might help you from going crazy
    Ilovemybellaroo

Answer by Ilovemybellaroo at 10:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• i know how you feel. my hubby is not in the military but his job requires him to work in shifts sometimes of up to 4 or 5 days without coming home. then he's home for a few hours and then gone again. it's really frustrating bc i moved here to be with him since he's my husband, but i left all my family and friends behind. now i'm stuck here with 3 kids most of the time absolutely alone. what i do to cheer me and the kids up (well one is a baby so i doubt she cares lol) is we have a fun day doing whatever we want. we make a plan and then we do it. tomorrow it's gonna be a little warmer so we're going to the lake to feed the ducks some crackers and we're going to walk around the lake on the path (it's like a mile). just getting out and doing stuff will make a big difference for you both. even though you don't know the people, it's always good to see other people and say hi or smile. i know it's hard but you'll be ok! ((hugs)) :)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Its hard when there is no one there to give a break,believe me I compare my house to a prison sometimes.My only me time out is going to the store.but I have found this site to be useful and I have a big back massager that sits on the couch and I use that and a cold mask on my face and try to commit myself to even 30 min or 15 min of relaxation before reality sets back in.I dont have any friends and my mom isnt very useful so Im on my own.so I can see where you are coming from.I do have a man and he helps out a little at night but not much.and I have a 8y,7y,9mth old and one on the way.atleast we made it here to vent the frustration instead of letting it build up.
    welldone

Answer by welldone at 10:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My dad traveled a lot on business and when my mom reached the end of her rope she would say, "I love you so much I'm going to squeeze you until your little head pops off." She had a whole list of "I love you so much I'm going to..." and it sort of made us want to be nicer to her.

Write yourself little notes and post them over the house. Remind yourself that you are super tough and you're being a good mom and eventually he will take a nap!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• We could trade kisd for a while ;) Mine has been driving me crazy too. Maybe they'd behave better for someone else, lol
    Anonymous

• You're just going to be a stronger woman because of this =) You're doing great! You've made it almost a whole year by yourself! That is awesome! Keep it going for your husband, you can do it! Try going to a local church on Sunday and get plugged in with a Mom's group or something =) You got this!
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• also...my dad was in the air force and when he was at war my mom was left with a 2, 3, and 5 year old by herself in England. They had just moved there, she couldn't drive on their roads yet and knew no one. She ended up going to a church within walking distance and met the girls who were soon to be some of her closet friends.
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Go to your Family Support Center. They can probably give you some respite care for your little one and a much needed shoulder for you to lean on.

I am a military wife and I know things can be very difficult. Are you involved with a Wives/Spouses Club? If not, look into it. There may also be playgroups where your little one can play and you can get some much needed "friend" time.

If all else fails call your husbands squadron and see if they have a family support liason that can give you some direction.

It WILL get better. Hugs! Thank YOU for your service!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2010