Has anyone seen the movie AN AMERICAN CRIME?

Someone told me to rent it but i havent seen any reviews about it. How did you like it?

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've seen it. It is a very well-done movie, but the subject matter is a bit, well, disturbing to some viewers. I cried with this one, and I don't cry with movies. It isn't gross, or bloody, or anything like that. It IS based on true events, which makes the whole thing worse, in a way. I'm not sure what else I can say without giving away the whole movie. (OK, it deals with child abuse, so if you are sensitive to that, you may not want to see it, but like I said, it is very well-done.)
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• This is what I found describing the movie: Based on a story that's too shocking to be true -- but is -- director Tommy O'Haver's grisly drama centers on Indiana housewife and mother Gertrude Baniszewski (Catherine Keener), who imprisons and tortures a 16-year-old girl in the basement. When Gertrude takes in boarder Sylvia Likens (Ellen Page), she has no idea that her life will become a horrific nightmare of her own creation. Bradley Whitford co-stars as a prosecutor in the ensuing trial
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Its a good movie but t is very graphic and very sad. It is based on a true story which makes it that much worse.
    happy2bamommy86

Answer by happy2bamommy86 at 1:19 AM on Jan. 15, 2010