In YOUR OPINION, how old is too old to be riding in a stroller?

At what age/size did your child stop riding in a stroller?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• at 2 1/2 or 3. it depends on their endurance and also how good they listen so they won't be running away all the time.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My daughter was about 3 when she stopped riding in a stroller
    Anonymous

• When they outweigh it and wont sit still theyre too old.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My kids still alternate between the Ergo carrier and an umbrella stroller, and they are 4 and 2. Until they are too heavy for the weight limits, or mature enough to walk all the time, they can keep riding. I'd rather push a stroller or wear a back pack carrier than fight with a tired kid who doesn't want to walk and sits down in the middle of a park or the fairgrounds.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• 3ish...unless your going somewhere big like disneyland.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• I think it depends on what you are doing. If you are headed to the mall- a 4 year old should be able to walk. If you are spending all day at the zoo- well- that same kid might want a stroller. My daughter is almost 4. She generally does not use a stroller- but she does on big outings like Disney or the zoo. So I think it depends. I also like to have the stroller sometimes. I like having that basket to put our coats and bags and stuff.
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• my son is 3 and i have him in a stroller because i walk to work cuz im walking distance to my work and no car but its to far for my son to walk ! but pretty soon imma have to have him walk cuz he will be 4 next nov.
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• Aqua_Jen
    When they outweigh it and wont sit still theyre too old.

******************

Sounds good to me! :-)

I'm not sure why we as parents need to set "rules" for this or that. Just do what feels right to you as a parent and leave it at that!!

Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• My kids are five and 6 and we bring the jogger when we go on eight mile walks because they can't go the whole way...clearly, they are waaay too old.
    Anonymous

• Depends how much walking and how long. My 2 year old can spend almost all day at the zoo without the stroller.

I know another woman who puts her 3 1/2 and almost 7 year old in a stroller for 4 hours at the Fair. But they do a lot of weird things. The oldest has never been taught to tie her shoes. And I've never seen those kids use a utensil to eat or drink out of a cup with a lid.
    Anonymous