4 mo old cranky

My 4 month old has always been pretty content. The past couple days she has been pretty good during the day, but super cranky at night/evening. She cries off and on uncontrolably. It is so weird. She screams most at bed time. Anyone else experienced this? No temp, clean diaper, full tummy...what can I do?

km1217

Asked by km1217 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She can be teething. When my baby was teething he was very cranky at night time, I gave him some infant tylenol and some cold water in the bottle it helped him sooth his gums.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• May have colic. Buy some colic drops at the drug store or better yet,ask the pharmacist for help. Good luck to you both.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• babies dont just get colic at 4 months so it's not that i would assume teething try teething drops or tablets they are homeopathic and help them calm down and sleep
    Anonymous

• Thank you for the help!!! Its just so unsettling to go from a happy baby to one that you dont know what is wrong. First time parents as you may have guessed!!
    km1217

Answer by km1217 at 12:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• My daughter was like from 3wks to about 5 mos! She was fine the first few weeks and then she woke up. She would cry for hours and hours a day. I thought I was going to lose my mind. Here's a tip, be very careful about overstimulation. Even the TV on low volume was very bothersome to her, also (as first time parents) we were keeping her up too late, she was tired! Hang in there and it will get better, trust me. One day my daughter just stopped being so fussy.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2010