Is it still or even possible to get pregnant?

Is it still or even possible to get pregnant without a cycle? I rarely have a cycle and my husband and I are trying to conceive our first child, we have been trying for just a little over a year, and I have been told many different things about trying to conceive without a cycle. So, is it possible?

bmelody

Asked by bmelody at 11:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Honestly, I'm not sure. I have heard so many different things on this subject that it's hard to tell what is true, and what is not. I would go to your doctor, and see what they say. Maybe they can find out why you don't have a normal cycle.
    Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 11:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2010

• without a cycle, no, with a rare cycle yes. you have a cycle to expel an egg from your body after it is no longer viable. So you would not be having a cycle at all if you are not producing eggs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• The two distinctive portions of a woman’s monthly cycle, ovulating and having a period, are not directly related to one another. While each is distinct, and while one does not generally happen while the other is happening, that is where the relationship ends. It is possible to ovulate without having a period. It is also possible to have a period without ovulating. To understand why this is the case, there are things that you will need to understand about having a period, about when you ovulate, and about your monthly cycle in general.

It often happens that a woman will not have a period for one reason or another. Any number of things can cause a woman not to have a period. For example, low body weight can cause a woman to miss periods. In addition, strenuous exercise has also been shown to cause a woman to not have a period.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:46 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• However, during these times that the woman is not having a period, she may very well still be ovulating. Not ovulating is a completely different situation than not having a period, and can be caused by completely different things.

http://www.downthelane.com/articles/?p=408
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:47 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• do you know why you don't cycle regularly? have you always been this way?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i think you have to have a cycle to beable to ttc. my doc said she didnt want me ttc til my period was more regular. maybe u should get on some BC to get regular like the nuva ring maybe? ask your doc bout it.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 10:27 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I have gone to a to the doc. and they don't even know why I don't have a cycle. I have also been on BC before for about 6 mo. and they still didn't regulate. Yes I have always been this way.
    bmelody

Answer by bmelody at 10:41 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I would see a fertility specialist, not a regular doctor or OBGYN. A specialist will be able to help you have a cycle and give you what you need to help you get pregnant or I'm afraid you could be trying for a really long time.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• stress, hormonal imbalances, poor diet, being underweight, being overweight, exercising too hard...all of these are explanations as to why you are not on a regular cycle. you really should get to the bottom of it...our cycles can be a window into our overall health. good luck with your health, and hopefully you will have a pregnancy soon enough!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2010