I was reading a post in one of the groups how USA government should be shameful for not helping Haiti sooner even before the disaster made me wonder...why should our country be the one to help and try to solve other countries problems and financial troubles?

Don't get me wrong,..it's great that we can help out those in need when they really need it. I'm just wondering if and when one of these days our country really needs aide, will those that we helped help us back? Or will they turn their back on our country.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Why do people always expect something in return for helping someone? There are THOUSANDS of people who have died there why NOT help them. Be the better person or uh Country and lend a helping hand
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• HELLOOOoooo! Because we profit from their poverty. It's called neo-colonization. Go back to school and learn something about how the US takes advantage of 3rd world countries.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Ok Anon :26...read my question again. I'm not saying about not helping them at the moment. It's great that we are able to lend a helping hand to them especially right now when they really need it. I was talking about how we were EXPECTED and should have helped them BEFORE the earthquake.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i think if you have to give, you should.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• We took their president out of power, kidnapped him because US didn't agree with him. How democratic was that?
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:10 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• How democratic was that?

Very, considering we've been doing that for over 200 years all over the world. Aside from that, though, there are very practical reasons we should do more for Haiti. Location, location, location. Anyone that close is not someone you want to piss off so often they turn to your enemies for support instead (see Cuba, that other island right next door).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I don't recall seeing the other countries lining up here after Katrina to help out here. Fact is we have enough problems here, deal with them first then help out the other countries.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:59 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Clinton pledged more than $50 million in U.S. aid on top of an annual program exceeding $200 million for debt relief, food aid, counter-narcotics programs and job-creating road projects.

We have been helpin Haiti for years.  This was back in april.

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:13 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• We can't "HELP THEM SOONER" .......
    The flippin airport and port were jacked up. As soon as the airport was working, we put planes into there. Listen to or read the news.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Our country MADE their country broke. Have you heard of textiles? Haiti used to make ours before they decided they wanted a living wage and tried to UNIONIZE. The corporations here in the US sent goons down there and actually captured and KILLED the labor organizers. Then it did it's damndest to discredit Haiti to everyone. Therefore, no jobs. No jobs, no money. Poverty. We made them like that. Problem is, they don't teach that in public school. True History.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 AM on Jan. 15, 2010