Voodoo

Can anyone here explain what voodoo is about, how people practice it?

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 12:29 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• When a person dies it's believed that their spirit merges with the Da which then flows in to nature. When a person dies, her soul may also merge with her guardian spirit and reincarnate as a new person with some of the same characteristics as the old.

In addition to venerating the Ioa and the ancestors, Vodounsis have several practices to help them adhere to the requirements of their religious path. They hold rituals to honor the Ioa and ancestors. They also practice divination and magic to correct imbalances in the ache (which is the spirit or soul). Which is usually done under the advisement of a High Priest, the Ioa or the ancestors...

I'm far from an expert, and I do not actively practice Vodoun, Hoodoo or Santeria, but I have a great interest in them. So if you have questions let me know, I will do my best to answer them...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Not from first hand experience. But my friend came here when he was a teenager and he could tell you some stories!!! : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:34 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i have family that are from Haiti and they've told me stories about people trying to bring the dead to life and putting curses on people. I dont know if its true or they just wanted to scare me, lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• that shit ant true ! yall must be on drugs if yall beleave that shit ! !
    ----------------------------

How do you know? do you come from those countries that practice voodoo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Look it up on wikipedia.com. I do not believe it in it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Voodoo is basically withcraft. The practicing of divination. You definately tap into the demonic realm and get things from demons.
    Whether you believe it or not. It is a real practice.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:29 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• witchcraft I mean.
    Shaneagle777

• Response to :
    that shit ant true ! yall must be on drugs if yall beleave that shit ! !

There is no need to be rude,you can show some class and speak proper english. People are simply answering a question. You should be polite.

Answer:
    I really belive that good and evil exist. And just like there are good people helping others there are also bad people trying to harm others. Things like voodoo are quite common in other countries. We had an argument with an older neighbor and the following week our pets began to die, one at a time. First a fish, the a bird, then a cat, and then our dog. the vet told us they all died from heart failure and that it was very odd. When we came home from the vets office our neighbor smiled and said "How are your pts doing?" The old lady died the day after and things went back to normal, her daughter came to see us and apologized for her mothers behavior and for practicing santeria on us
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• GET OFF YOUR DRUGS THAT YOUR ON BECOUSE THAT SHIT ANT TRUE JUST LIKE SANTA, TOOTH FAIRY , ANT TRUE ! DAM PEAPLE !

Did someone forget how to spell? You poor thing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• YALL FUNNY
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Jan. 15, 2010