What do you think of the NBC situation?

I honestly think they need to cut Jay entirely. He had his reign for a good many years and I think it's time to pass on the spotlight to someone else. I think it's ridiculous how NBC is showing little respect to a show that's been an icon for so many years by putting Jay first

What do you think?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 1:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Entertainment

• I think Conan is HILARIOUS! Let Jay go! go far far away!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:17 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I agree completely. I stopped watching Jay when he moved time slots. I think it was really shitty for them to move him earlier. Conan deserved the spotlight. Leno should have moved on, instead he clung on like a whiny ass little bitch.
    Photobucket
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:29 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• That's f-ing hilarious!!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:32 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• When Johnny Carson left the Tonight Show and passed it on, it was a BIG deal. It should tell them something that nobody cared when Leno left the show. Leno took the chance, he should be the one to pay the price of the chance not panning out. He tanked the local news ratings for NBC stations across the country - why on earth do they think people will like him better if they put him back?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:23 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Jay kicked Letterman's ass when he hosted The Tonight Show. Now, Conan has brought viewership way down. It's simple ratings mathematics. There's no conspiracy, it's not Jay's fault...it's bad decision making on the part of NBC and now they're scrambling trying to figure out how to fix it. Conan is just not up to snuff on The Tonight Show. It really has nothing to do with Jay personally and I wish people would quit trying to paint it like it's his fault, or that he's greedy or something. I find Leno to be far more entertaining than Conan anyway. I used to watch The Tonight Show when Leno hosted, but haven't since O'Brien took over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I think it is strange that they want jay leno to be on for a half hour show. What kind of late night talk show is a half hour? The monologue itself it like 10 minutes. Besides what is going to happen in 5 more years when leno wans to "retire" again? Who will take over since conan is leaving? I love jimmy fallon but I am pretty sure I am the only one. There is no way fallon could take on the tonight show. Will they bring in someone completely new? I am sure the ratings will go way down when that happens. I don't see why the don't say bye to leno, put prime time dramas back on at 10pm and leave everything else alone. I am so happy that conan has enough integrity to say no to those jack asses. I hope he goes to another network and nbc's ratings tank.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Actually, when Leno took over, didn't ratings go down for him too before they went up? Either way it is pretty shitty what they are doing. I love Conan! I def prefer his show over Leno.
    Anonymous

• Conan's viewer ratings are down because damn Leno still has a show and is taking all the good guests! RETIRE ALREADY LENO!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2010