Who is...

Maitreya? IS he really the Anti Christ or a starting Anti Christ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sometimes the Antichrist is said to be someone who is trying to do good in the world like Obama, FDR, John F Kennedy, every Pope since the middle ages (this ones a favorite of evangelicals)

But sometimes the Antichrist is said to be an evil leader like Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, or Napoleon,

Why the wide range of possible suspects?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I would google the name and read about him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I did just wanted more info.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• then use google
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• There will be no way to know who the Antichrist is until it is too late so I don't know. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:23 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I agree with the anon above me.

Don't concern yourself with such things. There's a new "antichrist" every couple of years.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:28 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Antichrist means against or instead of Christ.

Some of those identified as antichrist in the Bible are:
    People who deny Jesus is truly the Messiah and/or all who deny that Jesus is the unique Son of God (1 John 2:22. John 10:36; Luke 9:35).
    Apostates (1 John 2:18,19: “There have come to be many antichrists . . . They went out from us, but they were not of our sort.”)
    Those who oppose Christ’s true followers (John 15:20,21)
    Individuals and nations that oppose Christ as King or that themselves falsely claim the Messianic role (Psalms 2:2 & Matthew 24:24: “False Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones.”).

Hope this helps. xxx
    JWMum

Answer by JWMum at 9:02 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• The name has been borrowed from Buddhism... Maitreya in Buddhism is not a specific individual, but is a future Buddha. Translated, the name means 'loving-kindness.' Since the antichrist concept does not exist in Buddhism, there is nothing of that nature to this story.

The 'Maitreya' who gets the finger pointed at him in antichrist conspiracy literature is supposedly living in London, waiting to make his move to reform the world. To the best of my knowledge, he is 'unknown' and communicates via an author named Benjamin Creme, who has a website, a couple of books, etc. My personal opinion is that this 'Maitreya' (who has never made a public appearance) is the figment of Benjamin Creme's imagination!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:40 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Thank you JWmum that was good information:-)
    Anonymous

• Sorry. I just think he's a nutbar!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2010