inside dog---or outside dog?

Why have a dog if it's not inside with you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Pets

• I agree. : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i agree 100%. Of course i go overboard and call my pets my kids lol
    Malex09

Answer by Malex09 at 2:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• There are some breeds of dogs that don't like being indoors, huskies and malumuettes which are sled dogs dont fare well as inside dogs until they are older and through being high energy. I personally don't want my dog outside, but I see a lot of sled dogs and how happy they are being outside and how miserable they are inside so it really depends on the dog.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I totally agree. I have a malamute, 2 labs and an American Eskimo. They love to play outside but like to be inside too. They have a lot of room to run outside, we have a huge fenced yard and they play outside when they feel like it. But they come in and lay down in the living room with us and they sleep in the house. My dogs are part of the family. I don't see a point in having a dog if you are just going to leave it outside all the time, I think it's cruel.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 2:22 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Inside. She will play outside if we're out there, otherwise she just looks longingly in the window and makes me feel guilty until I let her back in. I think she'd love to have another dog to play with, but it's hard enough to find a place for her to stay when I go home to visit family.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• my dogs are both..they are inside alot in the winter, because where i live its very rainy...but during summer they are out allllll day...but they always sleep inside at night..

my brother has a husky, and it HATES to be inside..all it does is pace around and wines at the door wanting to get out...so he is pretty much outside 24/7..unless its thundering and lightening..he freaks out with that..or if its extremely cold he comes inside
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:58 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• All my dog's are INSIDE, I will never have a dog that is outside 24/7... I agree with durring the summer that dogs can be out all day and inside at night, I personally don't do that but my brother does with his labs and they love it! But they also have a barn to go in out of the sun and heat if they want to, you should never leave a dog outside with out shelter weather it be winter or summer.. I can't stand to see a dog outside, I had a neighbor that had an outside dog and she didn't give it shelter or anything so my husband built her a house and put straw in it for her because it was getting to be winter, now every winter we get straw and set her up nice and snug for it because the owner sure wont! I wish we could treat ppl how they treat their dogs, that should be law!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:32 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Most people will answer because the dog likes to be inside or some other reason they lock their dog away from their family.

Others will say dogs can survive outside, but they are so far removed from their wolf ancestors that they no longer have the genes in them to survive cold and heat.

Still others might say their house is too small for their big huge dog. For that I shut my mouth because my cafemom account will be terminated.

There is no good reason to keep your dog outside away from its family. Dogs are pack animals and when you decided to get a dog, you made a promise to that dog. When you dump it outside for various weak excuses, you are not only abusing the dog, you are teaching your kids that its okay to ignore a living creature simply because it got too big, you didn't take the time to train the dog, or you didn't understand how much hard work goes into owning a dog. Statues are lawn ornaments, not dogs.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 9:39 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• *outside.
    Acid

• My dogs have to go outside every day for their 10 am "fight" where they roll all over each other and drool and rotten around. It's not an inside activity. We have a really nice yard that is safe and secure and when the weather is good, they like to play out there and chase rabbits and dig holes in the woods.

They go in and out as they please pretty much. They like to sleep under the desk when DH is at the computer. I would never limit them to the outdoors.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2010