how do i get my son to fall asleep?

son goes to sleep easy the first time but when he wakes up he thinks it is play time and will not go to bed again for like 4 hours.. help..... how do i get that to stop please...

iluvyoucharlie

Asked by iluvyoucharlie at 2:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OMG I swear it must be a phase that they all go through, My DD has been doing it and I have seen 10 others on here with the same issue. I have been ignoring mine, she is safe in her room so I let her go, and then wake her in the morning let her take a normal length nap, and am hoping the lack of sleep with catch up to her and she will get over it. Good luck, it sucks I know.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:20 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• how old? and there is not much you can do . its just what kids do at times
    Mommy2Layla08

Answer by Mommy2Layla08 at 3:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• He should get lots of exercise during the day to help diminish that energy. Also consider buying a sound machine or simply playing soft music.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 6:51 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• There's not much you can do... It's just a phase they go through. Mine went through it at about 16 months & still occasionally does it now (21 months).
    Just make sure he gets exercise during the day to wear him out. Maybe reducing his naptime would help?
    Also, some sort of background noise might work- my DD sleeps really well when we have a fan on (like an oscillating fan). A sound machine or putting a radio on low would also be good to try.
    If none of that works, you might just have to wait it out, mama :)
    Good luck!
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 7:25 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i agree with the first poster, is u have a gate, then gate the door and make sure she cant climb out or over it or anything and let her play. are u a fan of crying it out or no? i say go in and lay her back down when she wakes and then leave out. let her play herself to sleep or cry for a little and then try again.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 15, 2010