What is your job/ career besides being a mom?

Just curious.......what do you mommies do when you're not taking care of your kids? Did you go to school for the job/ career you have? Do you love it? I'm wanting to go back to school but I don't know what I want to go for. I want to see what the majority of you other mommies do!

ang0343

Asked by ang0343 at 2:35 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• The majority of mothers are not on CafeMom; there seem to be very few professionals here.
    Go to your local library and pick up a copy of What Color is My Parachute. It will help you find a career path. Be sure to explore job opportunities in your area before committing to a college major. It is always a good idea to have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field.
    My career has meandered over the years. Currently, I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep

Answer by rkoloms at 6:26 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Choosing a career is all an individual preference of what interest you; you can’t compare to anything one else’s likes and dislikes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I have been at teacher until last year. I now am a stay at home mom. I can always go back to my career later.
    Gem0614

Answer by Gem0614 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I work from home! I have the best of both worlds.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 10:44 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I work as a call center admin almost full time, but really good hours...and i am a full time student working on my psych degree. Im still waiting for that extra hour to be added to my day that ive been begging for for the past few years, but no such luck!! lol, im usually tired, but this year started out with a bang, and i think itll be a good one!!! Im hoping tograduate this Christmas, and start working for either DSS or the school system. I love paper work...im a paper pusher!! lol...definitely sit down and think about what you like! with no outside opinions, what would be an added bonus for you to do ALLLL day AND get paid for it, and try a career in that!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I am a hairstylist. But after this next baby I am going back to stay at home. I might still work Saturdays tho.
    ark_0214

Answer by ark_0214 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Librarian for the Government.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i am a writer working to get published and produced!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:51 AM on Jan. 16, 2010