C-section AND naturally question....

This is a question for women that have had a C-section and have given birth naturally... my question is... which one is more painful? Over all? Before, during and after... i'm just curious.

sexy_can_i

Asked by sexy_can_i at 2:44 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• C-sections are not just painful physically they almost always leave mental damage as well. Natural labor is so much more tolerable and easily forgotten than a c section. The recovery is horrible, and you are never the same in the area of the incision. I would take the pain of ten natural labors over the pain and suffering of a c section.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:48 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Which one is more painful? Natural is more painful all the way, no question about it. It was the worst experience of my life! I would not wish that on my worst enemy. Because it wasn't all rainbows and butterflies like everyone who promotes natural birth said it would be, I became very depressed and did not bond well with my baby. I felt that I had failed.

My c-section was wonderful. Very little pain and I actually recovered more quickly than I did from my natural birth. It was wonderful to get to see my baby right after and not feel like I was on my deathbed. Sure, I have a scar, but it is nothing compared to the ripping apart that happened with my natural delivery. Natural birth left me with 3rd and 4th degree tears that took weeks to heal. I like my c-section scar. It reminds me of how much I love my daughter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• My 1st was delivered naturally and I was up walking 3 hours after delivery

My 2nd was a c-sec and lord almighty it was painful afterwards

My 3rd I delivered his legs naturally lol but was rushed to c-sec in my honest opintion it wasn't as bad as my first one was

Overall c-secs are worse on the pain scale
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• But I have to add I didn't tear or anything either with my natural birth
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:39 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Tearing like that is extremely rare and is a sign of a bad doctor. Women with c sections are twice as likely to have post pardom depression, and c sections cut down the number of children you can have they say 4 c sections max, a c section is a major abdominal surgery they cut you open, and cut open an organ. They strap you down to a table, don't let you see, and dont tell you what is going on, they take the baby away after mere second with you and you have an hour or more alone in recovery without you baby which is horrible. For every natural birth horror story out there I can find at least 20 c section horror stories. Your body was made to give birth vaginally and not allowing labor is bad for the baby as well. I would suggest extensive research on the subject, You can visit the ICAN website for more info about the pros and cons of c sections, and natural birth.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:43 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I've only delivered once, and it was vaginally. My friend had a c-section a few months before I delivered. The recovery time for c-sections is longer, and it makes it harder to care for baby because you're in so much pain. I think that c-sections should just be for emergency only. When they interfere with what mother nature intends because it's more convenient, that can have a negative impact on your baby's development. I'm not going to try to push you one way or the other because ultimately, it's your body and your decision. There's going to be pain either way, but as Rhianna says, "No pain lasts forever". It's just whether or not you want to endure pain while bringing your baby into the world or while trying to care for your baby.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 7:34 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• My vaginal deliveries were more painful during, the csection more painful after. But the whole csection experience for me was actually much better. They didn't "take my baby away" from me after the csection for over an hour - they took him into an adjacent glass room (so I could see him, and Dad went with him) to clean him up and weigh him, etc. and then he was done being checked out by the time I was going to the recovery room, so I was bfeeding him within 1/2 hour or so after birth. After my vaginal deliveries I was so worn out and groggy from being in labor so long, I could barely stay awake to spend time with my babies. I had been able to get a full night of sleep and wasn't physically exhausted after my csection. I am due in July and will be scheduling another csection rather than try a VBAC.

Answer by missanc at 9:31 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I dunno true maybe you just had a really bad doctor or hospital. That sounds odd that they'd do all of that to you and your baby. But I didn't post this to see who was stronger, or which one makes you more of a woman. I was just curious. And i only wanted to hear from woman that HAVE had both because someone that hasn't ( like my self ) would have nothing to say, bc i don't know.
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 6:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Even if I didnt have the experience I had I would say that if you have no medical reason to have a c section then you should have the baby vaginally and you can take the drugs for pain nothing wrong with getting an epidural if you really need it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:10 AM on Jan. 16, 2010