Losing a daughter.

Her name was Elena. She was born on December 9th 2001. She died on December 28th 2009 at the age of 8. She was an amazing little girl who had been fighting cancer since the age of 3.
Despite her illness, Elena was a very active child. She loved playing soccer, swimming and she was a straight A student. Oh, she loved school.
When she was in the hospital, on December 18th 2009, she asked her little sister, Eva and her big brother Jacob to "look after mommy". She knew she was going to die.
Elena had a beautiful life. She was treated as normally as possible under the circumstances.
We all still love Elena and forever will. We love you little champ! More than word could possibly describe.

I would like to thank the Make a Wish people and Celine Dion who made Elena so happy on her birthday.

Have a great time in heaven Elena. I'm sure you'll be ok now.

Love,

Mommy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing her story.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 4:39 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I'm really sorry. Elena sounds like an awesome little person. You must have done an amazing job with her.
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 4:41 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• REST IN PEACE ELENA.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• im so sorry for your loss
    wubbunny420

Answer by wubbunny420 at 4:51 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• This has brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry about your loss. Prayers are with you
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:52 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Don't worry, you'll be ok. You always have two more!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:03 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

I call TROLL.

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my twin brother to cancer when we were 12. I am sure your little darling will be happy up there. Glad her wish came true.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• OP here.

Thank you everybody.

Yes, her wish came true and I am SO thankful for that. That was a very happy day. She was so happy I cried.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Yeah, Make a Wish is great. And Celine Dion is also great for helping.
    I lost my son to cancer 3 years ago when he was 12. His wish was to spend a day with the whole FRIENDS cast. They all helped so much!! They came to our house at 9am, all six of them, and stayed until 8pm. They put him to sleep and left. It was an amazing day for my little boy.
    The Make a Wish people are great.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Aw hun. I'm glad she had her wish come true in time. Brokenhearted for you :(
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 5:18 AM on Jan. 15, 2010