I'm 41, I've always wanted a quiverfull family, but dh doesn't want them. Is it crazy of me to still want more kids?

I love my kids and want more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't know what a quiverfull family is sorry ....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 6:42 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Don't know what a quiverfull family is, but as we get older it's time to think of retirement and financial security. I wouldn't dare want to have any more kids in my 40's but that's just me.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 6:44 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• well u have grandchildren to look forward too and i have herd those are more fun then ur own kids becouse u can spoil em then send em home.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:29 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Did you not discuss this before you got married?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• If you believe in quiverfull, you are also a Christian, and you also need to respect what your husband wants. This is a conversation before marriage, I agree. If you get pregnant, it is going to cause marital problems.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• quiverfull is one of those crazy woman who wnat to pop out babies like they are litters!! basically like the duggards. they belive that the womans only purpose in life is to breed. not all christian are quiverfull. my uterus is not a factory!!

OP MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD HIM BEFORE MARRIAGE.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:53 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I am almost 46 years old. I have 4 kids and 5 grandkids (almost 6), but recently I was having that baby urge! I kept thinking of how it'd feel to actually have a baby again. For days I couldn't stop thinking about it. I finally mentioned it to my dh, he thought I was totally crazy! He said to use that baby urge on our youngest grandchild. She is 15 months old. I decided I needed to spend some quality time with her. My dd, her mom, is pregnant, so she didn't mind if MawMaw took her for a bit. I ended up keeping her for 3 days and 2 nights ! I loved the time with her, but I was totally exhausted!! Kind of cured my baby urge. I'm just waiting for my next grandchild and be the best, most loving, available MawMaw I can be!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 1:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Isn't "Quiverfull" a Cult? I wouldn't ...if you already have children and you are over 40 and your husband doesn't want anymore kids, I wouldn't even think about it. Please don't fall for that Cult stuff. There are plenty of other things you can do with your life. For example, concentrate on your Marriage and your husband. Being a Mom constantly will put him down lower on your priority list and that can't be good. Your marriage and being a wife comes FIRST. Being a Mom comes next. Not a top priority.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• no, ask your SO if it would be ok to adopt maybe he just doesn't want to go through another pregnancy.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2010