Which of these is smallest?

3/8''
5/8''
7/8''
it's ribbon sizes i'm buying it online, i'm trying to get the thinnest and I wasnt really for sure which was.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Umm.. I think the bigger numbers equal a smaller/thinner ribbon. I'm going to say 7/8". But don't take my word for it!
    RoguesMommy

Answer by RoguesMommy at 5:22 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• 3/8 is smallest if we're talking fractions
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• 3/8 is definitely the smallest. I have problems with fractions too. But if you think about it, 7/8 is almost 1" as in 8/8. I usually draw pie shapes and divide into sections then shade area to visually get an idea.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 6:41 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Is this a serious question? Not trying to be rude, but... really? Basic fractions is 2nd grade stuff.

Oh, and to answer your question: The narrowest ribbon would be 3/8".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• 3/8
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 7:49 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Why do people bother to post if they are going to be rude? What do you care if she's not good with fractions? I'm not either. So we helped her. And you accomplished what by being like that?
    ------------------------------------
    Is this a serious question? Not trying to be rude, but... really? Basic fractions is 2nd grade stuff
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• An easy way to remember is if you think of it like a pie. The bottom number is how many slices of pie there is, and the top number is how many of the slices you get to have.

So, if you had 7 out of 8 slices (or 7/8), you would have more pie than if you had 5 out of 8 (5/8). And 3 out of 8 (or 3/8) would be the smallest of your choices.

Maybe this can help you remember if you have to order ribbon again :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:22 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I don't think it is like wire or sandpaper where the largest number is the smalles size. I think it is just a measurement in inches.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• 3/8 " is the smallest. Think of fractions like a pie. Cut it into 8 pieces. 3 pieces would equal 3/8 . 5 pieces would equal 5/8. 7 pieces would equal 7/8/. 8 pieces equals 8/8 or 1
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Your elementary school teachers should be shot for failing to do their jobs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:02 AM on Jan. 16, 2010