hubby snores and its just aboslutely ridiculous!

he never use to snore so bad and its just getting so ridiculous to the point he wakes the baby up way on other side of the house! what to do?

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:13 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Get him tested for sleep apnea. They offer devices for snoring.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 6:38 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Has he tried nose strips? My dad used to snore like this...their room was upstairs in the back of the house and mine was downstairs in the front and I could still hear him through the floor.... My mom started sleeping with earplugs in. Now they sleep in seperate rooms lol.
    I dunno. Get him tested like PP said.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 6:50 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Definately get him tested, if this is a new thing it could be the sign of an underlying medical condition. Clean your room really good to get rid of any dust, wipe down the walls, etc. Earplugs are a great investment, nose strips don't work. There's a mouthguard that's supposed to reduce snoring but we haven't tried that yet. My dh has the same problem!!!! Its so bad that some nights I make him sleep in the other room just so I can get an uninterrupted 8 hrs!!! Now that the baby's sleeping thru the night I'd like to do the same. Good luckkkkkkk1!!!!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:29 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Yeah, I'd have him tested for sleep apnea. My doctor said to just record the snoring. It was enough for him to decide it was time for a sleep study!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:36 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• As long as he doesn't stop breathing for afew seconds minutes he is ok he is probably just sooooooo tired, but I know what you mean . Just put a sock in his mouth...lol

Has he tried those snore stripes?
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• My husband does too and won't go get the sleep test. It's a very good idea to have it done. I had it done and now that I've lost 68 lbs, I don't snore (unless I'm sick). And I had sleep apnea for YEARS.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:33 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• He may have sleep apnea. He needs to have a sleep study done, as this can be fatal

Answer by rkoloms at 3:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2010