Are u pregnant and on medicaid? Did u get preg. on purpose? accident?

Im four months pregnant on medicaid, I got pregnant on accident. You know, that have unprotected sex once and have to pay big time type pregnancy, LOL! but its ok, I love my baby :)
PS- No bashing people! Just for fun, ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Heck, I hope I dont get bashed! I don't think I could handle that at my state of mind through this pregnancy LOL! My husband works really hard.. its just not enough, doctor bills are crazy these days! Besides, we don't plan to ALWAYS be on medicaid, but I want a healthy baby.. and if that means medicaid.. then so be it. My babies health is more important than anybodys opinions.. thanks for being nice!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I wasnt on medi-cal(what its called here) but knew I would have to eventually. I got prego on purpose....paid out the butt for great insurance for the first seven months and planned to keep it but hubby got laid off and we had to make the switch. We truely just needed the help and sometimes I think its okay to do like you did as long as you are a good person really trying to make a difference in the world. Some people (dont know if you are or not) are sitting back just eating it up no care at all and its sad......there are people who really need the help who want things to change. You are going to get bashed for this you know lol...but oh well. It's such a controversial topic it can go a million ways. Happy preggers!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:50 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Oh of course!! I think for baby's sake everyone should take the free help it's just some live off of it forever....FOREVER and knowingly. So....you're okay :). lol
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:26 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I was on it with all three of my kids. They were sorta planned, but not really. We weren't doing anything to stop a pregnancy, however you want to count it. I have had three, but there will be no more from me. I got my tubes tied after my dd was born (June '07). I know some girls around here who deliberately get pg just to keep medicaid. It's like they don't want to gat out and get a job, so they stay pg to make sure they have insurance. Those are the ones who piss me off.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• with my first pregnancy, I was not -- I had really good insurance through my job at the time. My second pregnancy was a complete surprise, totally unexpected, and even though I had insurance through my new job, it really sucked. I paid a TON out of pocket each month, had a HUGE deductible, and co-pays after the deductible was met. I was having twins, so I had a lot of dr's appointments, and I had a high-risk specialist as well. I couldn't afford all that, and in NY there's the MOMs program which is basically Medicaid for pregnant women. They not only covered EVERYTHING for my pregnancy, delivery, and post partem appointments, they actually reimbursed me for everything I had to pay to my insurance company. And covered my babies for the first year of their life. I am so thankful we got the help!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• DH is disabled and can never work again. He used to bust his ass...and made over 100,000 a yr and had a b ad work accident. We are both in our 30's......we have a 2 yr old...and I am pregnant. DH has Medicare....and DS and I have Medicaid (pregnancy Medicaid for me...dont qualify for regular)
    I am the primary care taker in the home....so I can't exactly work either. SS isn't alot to live on..but we are making it...and we will continue to make with this second child.
    Did we get pregnant on purpose...in a way...yes....My husband has always wanted a family...and I don't think his dreams should be squashed because of somehting that was out of his control. ( I say him because this will be my 3rd child...I was married previously and have a 17 yr old as well...and no he is not on Medicaid) We both also didn't want our 2 yr old...to more or less...be an only child..in the aspect that my oldest is 15 yrs older than him.
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 10:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I am pregnant with my second and I will be on medicaid soon. It wasn't technically planned, but you know...even if I wanted to plan one I wouldn't feel bad about being on medicaid. I work and I make decent money, but DH is out of work currently and I am self-employed...which means insurance would not only take a huge chunk of our budget but if I lost a client or didn't find a new one for awhile...we'd be screwed. I could probably the $3000 to pay my midwife, but what if the worst happens and I need a C-section? Plus, when DH is working his industry is considered "risky" so we'd be paying out the ass and it's just not in our budget at the moment. Maybe when he does find something stable (working with his brother has NEVER been stable...and then it went away altogether). I AM in school to make more money soon and my business continues to grow...but right now they said tons of money goes unclaimed in SC anyway...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• BUGSMOMMY... How STEREOTYPICAL of you, Forever and Knowingly??? It's NOT enough to live on FOREVER, YOU KNOW NOTHING!!    SHAME ON YOU!

Anonymous

• umm, did I miss something.. i dont quite understand that last post, lol (poster)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 AM on Jan. 19, 2010