what are some "out of the ordinary" ways to spark the fire?

Hubby and I, I can see, are slowly drifting apart with all of the new things we are being faced with. New baby maybe coming early, a toddler just turned 2, moving to a new city in a new house which has been getting massive fix ups, hubby lost his job, i'm on bedrest for a few more weeks....we dont have time to be lovey nor the money to buy each other things....what are some unique ways to show our love or unique things we can do together?

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I give my hubby coupons, i.e. King for the Day, Sex on Demand, Week without Nagging, etc. I make homemade cards listing all the reasons why I love and appreciate him. We play out each other's sexual fantasies. I also ask him where he'd like to be 5 years from now and help him get there.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 7:13 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i will try the card and coupon things that sounds cute. sex is a no go for us right now :( with the risky pregnancy and all...hence the urgency to spark it somewhere else. I try to help him with his dreams but I always get "i fullfilled my dream by having a family that i love"....................
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Say "I love you" when you feel it.. rent a redbox 1 dollar movie sit up with each other and watch it... sleep a little closer.. Kiss a little longer before you or him leave the house, hug a little tighter. Laugh a little more. Take a bath together.. he can sit behind you with his legs around your sides and arms around your front while you lay on his chest. Let him lay his head on your belly to hear the baby, or have the baby kick him lol. Its the little things that count the most.. But I know how hard not having money can be, I have SOOO been there. Good luck!! Just don't forget why you fell in love..
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 7:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• we do do those things.......that is why we love each other. I just feel like we are in a little rut....just need a little extra splash of fresh lovin lol....ya know
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:17 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Oh, and leave little notes on the mirror or somewhere that he'll see it when he first wakes up. Like "I love you TONS" or "have a GREAT day" or whatever you feel like writing..
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 7:19 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Well bedrest doesn't leave a lot of options, LOL!
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 7:20 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• There are always those oral favors you can both enjoy even while on bedrest. Experiment with all the sensations you can have with that from new tastes, to new temps (peppermints).
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:47 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I used to get all dolled up really skanky and wait for my DH to come home....works like a charm...lmfao
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:27 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Me and dh leave notes in randome places for the other to find. It is nice especially when you are miss them and you find your shimly note. We started shimly when we got married a few months ago. I had told him about this story I read about a couple doing that all their marriage. SHMILY stands for SEE HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU. It is just a quick easy reminder that we love each other. Here is the link for the story: http://www.getromantic.com/romance/inspiration/shmily.html . With you being on bed rest you are limited to great options. Movie night in bed is nice.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 9:55 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Call him at work and give him compliments and say fun stuff to him. Boost his ego up. Or text him ...catch him off guard just a touch with what you say/text...Yes movie night sounds fun and order in dinner. Get yourself done up. Everyone loves compliments and support. What comes around goes around. But also good practice. Get past the rut. Its marriage and it does not have to be all lovey dovey all the time. Enjoy just being you and this moment pregnant on bed rest. Sounds like you guys really love each other so it won't matter. When baby gets here, there will be even less. But remember it is only for a while. Try not to let it get you down but also do not forget to take time for each other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jan. 15, 2010