Help me pack my hospital bag ladies!

Okay so I am just so freaking anxious it's killing me lol! I am dieing to get my bag packed for the hospital. I had baby #1 at 34 weeks and I'm 33 weeks right now and was told I could have her anytime. What is the absolute must haves for the hospital (having a c-section)!?

Oh....and give me one of your favorite, feel good songs. I'm gonna make a cd to go with me.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:20 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• so anxious I think ill answer my own question... :)
    I always tell my fellow pregos to never forget the chapstick! I remember with my first my lips being so dry.
    Song-Reba McEntire "I'm a survivor" :)
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:24 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• food. those hospital like to starve people. lots and lots of snacks.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:08 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Here's what would go in my bag....

For Mom:
    button up gown if you plan to nurse
    house shoes or flip flops- I personally hate to wear socks
    shampoo, body wash, deodorant, tooth brush & paste
    chapstick
    brush
    hair bands
    snacks
    camera w/ extra batteries
    cell phone and charger

For baby:
    a couple sleepers or gowns(I never leave them in what the hospital puts them in)
    socks
    baby brush
    nail clippers
    binky
    baby book to get footprints put in it
    coming home outfit
    carseat

Song: What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
    Good luck and congratulations!!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 8:09 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Don't forget your hair brush! and even a little makeup... i'm always embarassed when people want to see pics of the kids in the hospital and I look like I haven't brushed my hair in three days! :-) Shampoo and conditioner are a must too :-) and lots of Pj's... I also packed jammies for the baby because my kids were big and the hospital shirts didn't fit them right. Good luck and congrats!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 8:39 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• BIG shoes for when your feet swell post-delivery. I had to wear my dad's shoes home from the hospital lol.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:45 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Bring food! Like the other post said, they do starve you. I was almost in tears at one point. I had to be firm with the nurse at 12am because I was so hungry. It was so upsetting...and I was in a hospital with room service where you can order when ever you want but they restrict your diet so much that you get nothing to fill u up.

Bring big underwear so you don't have to wear the disposable mesh ones. Make sure they are big enough to hold those huge pads you have to wear at first.

Bring a back scratcher because a side effect of the spinal is ichiness. Plus it helps with those terrible leg things they put on you for hours. I had to use my hair brush and it didn't quite cut it. They offer you meds if the ichiness is bad enough but its benedryl and it will knock you out. Not a good idea with a newborn and lots of visitors, imo.

everything listed above is a good idea except baby nail clippers cant use til 5weeks.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 8:54 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• whatever you bring for your feet, do not bring them home with you...throw them out. hospital floors have the worst germs. if you wear socks on the floor, don't wear them in the bed.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:55 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I cant stand picky legs!! Drives me insane! So if your like me dont forget a razor! Also, the song I love is My wish for you.. by Rascal Flatts... I think it fits the moment. Best of luck to you!!
    Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 9:23 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• boy i feel lucky at the womens hospital where i delivered my 3 boys and will deliver this baby, we get to order 3 meals and 2 snacks whenever we are hungry..and we get to order a lot of food....lol. Plus we can order food for whoever stays with us in the hospital for $6. I brought a robe, nightgown that buttons, slippers, shampoo, cond. lotion, hair dryer, brush, undies, going home outfit for myself, 2 change of clothes for baby, and a going home outfit for him/her. Blankets for baby. my own pillow, a swaddler for baby, and this time im bringing my laptop...lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• If you are breastfeeding, get some nursing tank tops from Target. They are the best. I wear one everynight to bed. I also took it to the hospital to wear with a zipper hoody over it. I enjoyed having my own clothes there. I also took my own underwear to wear after the first day in bed. It was alot more comfortable. I would take some movies to watch. I had a c-section also, and was in the hospital for 4 days. I also wish I would have taken my boppy for breastfeeding. Oh yeah, and those cool gel packs for your nipples. Remember how much babies eat those first few days. Ouch.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 15, 2010