My daughters 15th Birthday

I need ideas for entertaining 8 to 10 14-17 y/o for a weekend of fun for my daughters 15th birthday. We are on a very tight budget and the party will be at our house. I need to feed them and have things for them to do. I have some ideas but need more, so please help. Send me yours.

oifmom

Asked by oifmom at 7:33 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Girls usually have fun making things so let them bake up some cupcakes and have fun decorating them. Hit up the dollar store for the frosting and sprinkles. I wouldn't worry too much about YOU entertaining them....given the age, mom staying out of it will probably be more of their idea any ways lol. Try renting some movies or busting out some board games. Maybe do a cool scavenger hunt that's age appropriate for them? I would love to do that even being 22 lol
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:43 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• silly string is always fun,movies are fun,u can always get a pinata never to old for those, they might laugh cuz its for little kids but i bet when they get blind folded and start swing it would be funny to watch each other try to hit it being dizzy
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:27 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Bon fire is good too, if you have a place for it. My kids love to go to the fire pit and roast hotdogs, listen to music and make smoores.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:40 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• glow sticks are always fun...for my daughters 16th birthday we covered the walls in the garage with black trash bags and put a black light in there and she took her radio in there and they played with glow sticks-like they had thier own little club. that was pretty cheap...they watched movies and I fed them pigs in blankets- also very cheap!
    the whole thing with decorations- bags made up of stuff for them to do the whole Rocky Horror thing and food and the birthday cake I made myself was about 120 bucks or so (the cake was like 30 or 40 of it in the end)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:24 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• 14-17 year old girls are old enough to plan their own parties. I would be so embarrassed if one of my parents tried to plan a party for me at that age like I was 5 years old.
    Anonymous