sex question: if you are in your 40's

have you noticed a decrease in sex drive and activity between you and your hubby? or boyfriend??

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 8:48 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Would being in my 60's count? sex drive does decrease, but 40 is still too young to experience that, unless there is another problem be that physical or emotional. At my 60's sex drive is still intact!

Answer by older at 8:50 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Yes. He wants it maybe once every 2 or 3 months and I couldn't care less if I never had sex again. Now, you have to take into account the affair that he had, his smoking and drinking causing ED, some of my meds cause a decrease in sex drive and just general fatigue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Actually, men peak sexually at 19 so it's not odd for them to have a low libido at 40 which sucks bc women peak at 40.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:40 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• No im 44 and want sex all the time.
    Anonymous

• NO! Big increase! I am 48 and hubby is 38, works great for us. I got my tubes tied 20 years ago so don't have to worry about unexpected pregnancy, sex is for fun only, not procreation! When my 4 kids were little and at home, it wasn't like this, I was always tired and only wanted sleep if I got time to myself (no kids do not belong to current hubby). All my kids are grown and gone from the house, we get to have sex anywhere, anytime and it is awesome. I want him at least once a day and to be perfectly honest, this past weekend we had it 3 times in 12 hours and I loved it!!!!! All this talk, no I can't wait to get home tonight! hahahaha! I started peaking around 40, maybe 42 and it has only gotten better. TO OLDER: way to go and I'm glad to hear I get to continue doing this for at least another 20 years, LOL!
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 12:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2010