spin-off from anti-depressant question...

so i do not take any kind of meds...but i do smoke pot...now i wonder since there are so many who look down on pot smokers simply bc its illegal...what about those moms who are hooked to Rx drugs? does it make it ok for them bc they have a legal prescription? even tho there is nothing about weed that gives side effects like a prescription...what do u think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Prescriptions are legal. Pot is not. It's fairly simple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Your on a mind altering med so I guess your not so better after all huh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I think if you can't live without getting stoned on a regular basis to cope with your problems, you are no better than the ones taking prescription drugs. You should all try figuring out what's really wrong with you instead of treating the symptoms.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• If you're a pill junkie, and you have a doc who keeps giving you things, that is in fact legal. Even if you have a crooked doc who is giving pain and anxiety and sleep meds and uppers. Horrible. But legal. The authorities rarely if ever can and will intervene and remove children from the home.

Alcohol is the same way as Rx meds.

Pot's not legal. It *can* cause legal problems for a family and custody issues in some, but not all, cases.

Are these laws good? Probably not. But those are the laws.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• to me they are the same. only a matter of time until pot is legal. hope to see it before i die because it doesnt hurt anyone. like anything, can be misused. the diff is that you cant get in trouble for your zoloft. you can get in trouble for your pot. pot does work as an anti anxiety, anti depressant, motivates people with eating disorders to eat, helps cancer patients and those with nausea to feel better, pain relief for MS.... etc... it is a holistic med that has many applications. it just isnt legal yet. now dont be confused, you are medicating with it.

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Im not a fan of drugs period, whether its an illegal type or a prescription type. I personally only take meds as a last resort, and cant remember the last time I took any sort of medication, it was probably some motrin after I had my baby. I think folks need to get at the root of their problems, whether  they are mental or physical, they need to treat the root problem and not just medicate the symptoms because you will never get truly well that way....but sadly thats how our health care system works in this country, we throw a pill at every little issue for every little thing and dont focus enough on simply keeping ourselves healthy and preventing the problems from happening in the first place.

jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 9:51 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Pot and even RX drugs change how you feel. It's even like smoking cigarettes. When I quit smoking, I not only had to deal with the cravings or getting over the addiction but I had to re-learn how to deal with life. That was how I was able to succeed at quitting. Because usually if I was hurt or sad or angry happy I would go smoke...as a way to get away or calmed down...hide myself. Quitting I had to face it head on. Let me tell ya, life is more of trip straight then on something..haha. So yes Pot is self medicating. (if this makes any sense...I tried to paint it out for ya)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• yes pot can be self medicating...but it can also be just for recreation! i dont smoke bc im angry, hurt, or sad. i smoke bc i like how it relaxes me u know, same as with the legal drugs but only....pot cant kill u, take one too many zoloft and see what happens. i knwo laws are laws, and pot is illegal...but so i speeding, and i know not all of u are that good! i just wondered what the reaction would be since everyone is always like pot is soo bad bc its illegal. but scripts are legal and will F u up more than any joint!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• What do antidepressants have to do with pot smoking. I am on Zoloft, I do not get "high" from it, nor do I feel like I am in any kind of altered state. Now, were you to compare that with the abuse of Vicodin etc, that is a bit more like it. Abuse of a legal prescription is against the law, just as pot is. I don't think you can fairly compare pot smoking with antidepressants. I can take Zoloft, and safely get behind the wheel of my car, go to work etc. I can be a mother to my children...a better mother, because my depression is not making me sad, or tired, or sick. I don't see how an antidepression can be compared with a "recreational" drug?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:09 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• IMO....weed can help with depression, anxiety and eating disorders. It is much better than the prescription drugs they hand out like candy! You can't OD on weed. No one ever goes crazy and kills their kids from being high on pot. No one beats up their SO from smoking weed.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 1:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2010