Did I do the right thing?(read details please)

I live on a VERY busy street in my city & while I was driving home from my husbands work there was a little boy either 4 or 5 playing on the curb & trying to run into the street to chase a dog. There was NO parents around or adult watching him. I almost hit him, so I pulled over & called the cops because I did not want that little boy to get hurt plus I don't know where he lives since the house he was playing infront of was empty. Did I do the right thing? Also will bad karma get me for what I did Thanks for reading & answering.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You did the right thing!! If karma does come back on you it will be good karma. What if something had happened to that little boy and you hadn't done anything, then you'd really feel guilty. Trust yourself, and know you did the right thing~!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 1:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I WOULD OF DONE THE SAME THING BUT I WOULD OF TOLD HIM TO GET OFF THE CURB TOO NO YOU DID THE RIGHT THING
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• You did the right thing bc say later you would feel very bad if for some reason something did happen and heard it in the news. I know I couldn't live with myself :(

Don't worry atleast your concious are clear.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• so what happend?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:31 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I don't understand how what you did could possibly be considered wrong. Where were his parents? The wrong thing would have been to keep driving with no regard to that child's future safety. The very next car could have killed him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Just wondering why you would think this could be the wrong thing to do? Why do you think this would generate bad Karma?
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:40 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• **OP HERE**

I don't know what all that happened. I do know his house was 2 houses down from where he was playing. I did not talk to the cops that should & she was lucky they gave her child back instead of calling CPS. Also I seem to have the worst luck ever. I can not ever get any good luck coming my way. I don't like bad karma but it seems to like me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i think in this case all you have to worry about is good karma....she might not have even knew her kids was outside and if police gave kid back then all is good...i gave bless you for being a good person and doing the right thing
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• i wouldn't worry about karma, your intentions were good...but whatever happened to caring for our neighbors? i would have just told him you almost hit him with your car b/c you didn't see him. i would have asked him to please play safely. hopefully your neighbors did not get into any trouble.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• IMO, calling the cops was pretty dramatic.
    Anonymous