I will be 38 weeks pregnant on monday with #2. I just woke up and went to the bathroom and when i was done i got this little gush of white watery discharge. like the regular stuff i get only really watery.

i had horrible backache and stomach cramps last night... should i call the doctor? the only reason i ask instead of just doing it is because if its not something to worry about i'd rather not go to labor and deliver. i live in a very rural community and the hospital is 90 mins. away. i just dont want to make something out of nothing. its orderless.. and when i just checked i'm kind of wet down there still. its just really thin and watery. absolutely no smell. mine usually smells sweetish. TMI sorry.

mrs_skittles

Asked by mrs_skittles at 10:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could be you water is broken. If there is just a little tear it will slowly leak. I say keep an eye on it. Watch for labor and rest. Because if you are in labor you will need it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• sounds like your mucus plug came out. You should call your doctor and let him know.

I had my daughter at 36 weeks. My mucus plug came out on Saturday, I had strange cramps and I ended up taking lots of showers. Helps the cramps a whole lot. By Sunday, my daughter (didn't know the sex at the time) was moving around a whole lot. I was cramping, taking showers and then my back hurt like I had a ton of bricks on it. I got stuck on the floor naked. an hour later my husband came home. My doctor was in NYC and we live in westchester. It took an hours drive to reach the hospital and more time waiting for her to be delivered.

I'd call the doctor and let him know. I'm pretty sure you received your pep talk already.
    Call your doctor. call your doctor. call your doctor!!
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 10:25 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• It sounds like your mucous plug came out. I would definately call your doctor and ask their oppinion just to be on the safe side.Good luck!
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 2:27 AM on Jan. 17, 2010