my baby doesnt want to play with me!

lol my son is 20 months old and is into everything. im struggling to find ways of holding his attention. he likes to read so we will read 2 or 3 books before he jumps down, he doesnt like playdough, he just wants to smell it!, he doesnt like coloring, he hates when i try to help him color, then he does it on his own for a minute then he just wants to eat the crayons! (but he likes coloring the walls). we will play with trucks for a while but i soon get tired of pushing him lol. what can i do to keep him playing with his toys instead of tearing apart the house? he would rather be pulling stuff off tables, pulling shoes out, etc?

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• at this age they love to climb, get a slide that is small enough to keep indoors for now. use laundry baskets. try craiglist u can find so toddler climbing toys on there too. just give him stuff to climb on.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:36 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I have an active son also , outside play is his favorite, although now that its winter in MN we have been stuck inside, we make forts out of blankets, I take the cushions of the couch and let him jump to me, we push his cars trucks and he likes me to follow him, he likes this game called "Run" where we run from one side of the room to the other, i will put a pc of tape on the wall for him to touch and as simple as that sounds, its his favorite. flashcards with pictures actually hold his attention more than books cause we get to make noises and its constant change, sledding outside if you are by snow, I sometimes take him the our mall just for a change of scenery, whether pushing him in the stroller or letting him walk, it keeps his mind busy, we have a community center for cheaper entertainment, bring him to the library... GL.. instead of getting bored and tearing apart, my son would whine from boredom.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Take him to the park so he can slide and swing and run and play.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 2:20 AM on Jan. 17, 2010