animal shelters...why is it..?

why is it when u go to a shelter and they have an animal that is full blooded or purbredd they ask more for them then the other animlas. like say i wanted a long hair cat,they would charge me more cuz it has persian in it or something. doesnt make no sense to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Pets

• Ours is the same regardless of what it is. Now if they get something like an English Bulldog they will go to a special shelter due to their needs. They would then charge you more to adopt them and you have to prove you can afford the upkeep.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:58 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• At the regular city shelter here it's the same across the board for dogs... and for cats. I'm not sure what your talking about. Unless you are talking about a specific breed animal shelter.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:04 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• None of the shleters in my area do that. The price is the same regardless. Now if it were a purebred rescue they tend to ask a little more then regular rescues do.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Some shelters around here do that. It's because mutts are considered less adoptable around here and by making their adoption fees significantly less it gets people to think outside the box and consider adopting one. Also since there's such a high demand for "name brand dogs" (huge eye roll) they can recoup a bit more of their operating expenses because people are morons and will pay through the nose for one. Supply and demand, baby.
    Anonymous

• Same fee here no matter the breed. I have adopted mutt mixes, as well as purebred daschunds at the pound with the same fee, spay/neuter and shots included.
    Anonymous

• at our shelters here its 120 for a kitten. 100 for a cat 160 for a puppy 140 for a dog doesnt matter what kind
    starryeyez23

Answer by starryeyez23 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2010

• Pure bred animals are more than mutts.. bottom line.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2010