Taxation without representation?

I have been thinking about all of the deals. The "backdoor" deals, the "middle of the night" deals and the "change the locks" deals that have been part of the healthcare legislation.

Every legislator that has not been allowed to participate has basically not been allowed to represent his/her constituents. There are new taxes in the healthcare bill so is this not taxation without representation?

Your thoughts.

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 10:36 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow, yeah! I honestly hadn't thought of it like that, but that does sound like what it is. I'm just hoping that Brown wins in MA. Even if they don't seat him right away, maybe (keeping fingers crossed!) a couple of Dems will have the guts to vote it down, knowing that Brown would vote NO. I know I am getting fed up to the gills with all the back-room, middle of the night shenanigans that have been going on.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:52 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Yes
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Yes.

But Mr. Obama cares not for the Constitution, scholar of it that he is.

He and his administration, and Libs, are ACTIVELY, collectively  telling taxpayers to kiss their azz.

Everyday, on live TV.

On the news at dinner time. Or sitting on your couch at  Primetime.

To your face.

Kiss, kiss.

Frigg your Constitution.

That's the way Socialists roll.

So much for being a taxpayer.

Tough  chitttttt.

Now take your rear to work, successful one.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:43 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• You are right, Special. Interesting take.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2010