Can a 1 yr old have watered down orange juice? He has a cough and I thought it might help butI didn't know if it's too acidic for him??

Butterflysky_24

Asked by Butterflysky_24 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• its fine. just do half and half. although if he also has a sore throat with the cough it might burn
    Jnc91

Answer by Jnc91 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I give my son watered down orange juice, the citrus really does help with coughs and it's a lot less harsh then lemon juice in wtaer like I used to have to drink.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Just give it a try and see some babies can take it others can't my son and my neice cant they will have the worst diaper rash ever for weeks but I know other babies who do just fine with it so it's more of a try and if his bottom does ok then keep it going if no stop
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I would give him elderberry syrup and hot herbal tea or water

Answer by rkoloms at 2:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I gave azanne watered down Orange juice at that age. We also 1/2 her juice with water even when we had the gerber juice they say to give them at 6 months. Shes always had a senstitivy to juice thou,
    Azanne

Answer by Azanne at 4:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I actually give my 11 month old daughter straight o.j. She does fine with it. I gave her a little of mine one day and she liked it so much I put some in her sippy cup. (just a little at first to see if she would have allergic reaction). She loves it and does good with it. I give her about 2-4 oz of it almost everyday with b.fast now.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• He did fine with it, no reaction. But he really didn't seem to like the taste, too sour maybe. I'm gonna buy some tropic mix juice like pineapple mango orange or something
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 18, 2010