HELP!!! Why is my potty trained toddler doing this!!!???

My 2yr old son has been potty trained for quite some time now, and just this past week he has been peeing in his underwear and just today he pooped in his closet!!! I am so frustrated i have no idea why he is doing this, nothing has changed in his life he is on the same routine he has always been in, i am at the end of my rope, why do i do?

RCPerry511

Asked by RCPerry511 at 10:42 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Totally normal!!! This has happened with my potty trained daughter 2 or 3 times. I know it's hard but the most important thing is not to lose your temper and just don't make a big deal out of it; keep firmly reminding him what's expected of him, but try not to give it too much attention. You can reintroduce a small reward if you want, but with these mini-regressions or lapses, I've never found it to make much of a difference. For my daughter, it usually took a few days before she was back to trotting off to the potty whenever she needed to go. I think sometimes they have this when they're about to make a developmental leap in a totally unrelated area -- so don't try to overanalyze it.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2010