Hospital check list?

I have looked at multiple "hospital check lists" as what to bring and most say the same thing which is nice. Are there any things that you ladies ended up needing and had never been told to bring the item or seen it on a list? I have 5 weeks!! :D

Winter_Goddess

Asked by Winter_Goddess at 10:46 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Breast pads, after having 5 babies in 4 different hospitals I have needed these every time and the hospitals dont provide them.
    mommyof3nluvnit

Answer by mommyof3nluvnit at 10:57 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Take a boppy if you are breastfeeding. I wish I had taken mine. I liked having my slippers too. Also, take some of your own pillows from home.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Leave your diapers at home. The hospital provides them. Sorry I know you asked what to bring but I thought I'd mention that. Also make sure you have change for the vending machine for your hubby during labor. Sometimes it's not about actually wanting something so much as it is needing to get out and walk for just a min. Also bring your robe and maybe slippers.
    Sonylena

Answer by Sonylena at 11:22 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• take ur baby book to have them put the baby's foot prints in . I also kept a notebook and pen to keep track of who all came to visit and to write what gifts I got .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I took way to much stuff all i really needed:
    was her baby book
    my pillows
    my laptop
    toletries
    a spiral notebook to record breastfeeds and diapers
    comfy clothes
    Froggy_girl1790

Answer by Froggy_girl1790 at 12:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• snacks
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• good ideas i have heard of... 2 baby changes easy access clothes... mom a robe... burp pads and a miracle blanket!!
    my sister had one.. i got mine at babys 1st furniture online and i love what it does.... my baby is due in may
    pads for mom and slippers, carseat so far i think that would cover it.... if youhave to stay later you could bring vaseline for a boy if being circumsized...
    mombabydad

Answer by mombabydad at 4:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2010