My daughter

Even though my dd's dad is in her life he has no clue what so ever what kind of illnesses run in his family.. On either side.. Kerry is 14 btw.. Is there a swab test they can do to determine anything she may have ? I do know that her brother
who is 30 has diabetes.. When I asked him again he said, how should I know and WHY do you need to know ?? umm probably because it's for YOUR daughter's health.. God how i hate him sometimes..
So, is there a swab test to check things out like this ?

kerrysmom

Asked by kerrysmom at 11:06 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Health

• Well doll! very good question. there are signs that she could have. diabetis runs in my family and its important to knowl. bc it seems to always skip a generation so my mom thought i had it. i had signs, of always having a sweet tooth. and being dizzy naseous, so on but yes when i was 15 i went to the doctors all they did is take my blood and rthey test her for diabetits. GL
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 11:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Not that I know of, alot of people do not know their family medical history. Well check-up and screenings at the appropriate time is the best you can do for her. DM, High blood pressure, heart attacks, cancer etc.. runs in most family one way or another.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:10 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• No I don't think so. I would think by know when they ask if I know if this or that runs in my family and I say I don't know what runs on my birthfathers side of them family. You would think that if there was they would have done that by knwo.

I was adopted and don't know anything on my birthfathers side. It really is scary to not know what runs in his family.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Not as a routine test.

It doesn't matter all that much with the way medicine is practiced right now. What's more important is that she learns the things she can do to decrease her risk of disease and be encouraged to practice a healthy lifestyle.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• you can have a genetic marker screening done. very expensive. look at Dr. Oz's website for past shows, he recently did one about this. At least I think it was Dr Oz.....................
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:31 AM on Jan. 15, 2010