I have a huge problem with gas, lactose intolerent. What can I take that works...

I work in the evenings and it will get embarrising for me because if I have anything with dairy and blow up and then some!! I hate it and its amazing how much I have to restrict what I eat. Do you know of anything I can take to prevent the gas that will work for sure?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Health

• I would recommend NOT eating dairy LOL that would be the easiest fix.

if you want a med though, Lactaid
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Yes, make sure you have some lactaid and if you want milk, try soy or rice milk. They are pretty good. You can even find them in individual sizes at specialty stores too. (like kids get their small reg. milks at school, they have small soy milks now) Good luck... I too deal with this on a daily basis!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• For goodness' sake, you can buy lactase pills at any drugstore. They're in the stomach preparations aisle. Usually 1 Lactaid Fast Act with a small serving of dairy and 2 with a large serving will nip the gas in the bud. And cut down on your dairy intake, buy lactose-free milk if you need cow's milk, and Google "lactose content dairy foods" and find out how much lactose there is in different milk products, and choose wisely.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Eliminate dairy...

Answer by rkoloms at 2:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2010