Anyone else notice that Kashi Go Lean Crunch = Horrible Gas?

So I had a bowl of kashi go lean crunch yesterday, it was so good I had another. A few hours later a started getting gas pains followed by horrible stinky farts(sorry I know its gross but I feel I have to warn people). This went on all night, I was hiding in the bathroom with Fabreeze. I don't fart in front of DH and these were just rancid farts..and one point I blamed the baby and pretended to change a poopy diaper. So today I fingured it must be the cereal and googled kashi and gas..I came across this site.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• High fiber= gas... I found that out the hard way as well.. And girl, you should be able to do anything around your DH! He loves you, and I'm sure he doesn't hide it from you, so let it rip!!! LOL Maybe try some beano...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Mrsleftlane, These farts were so bad that it would be rude to let them go in the vicitity of other humans...and my DH doesn't fart around me..unless he's sleeping:) I eat the waffles from kashi all the time, they're high fiber and whole grain, they don't give me a gas problem. -OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• *vicinity

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Hey OP, we should all be so lucky as to have a DH so kind as to not "let rip" around us. LOL Or at least not all the time. hee hee.
    Anyway, I've tried kashi go lean and the stuff didn't set well either... stomach upset... and some gas... I have stayed away since then.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:51 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I know it is nice that he's not one of those guys who are proud of their farts. The thing is, I don't have the control that he does. So when I fart, I can't help but be embarrassed. BTW..Its been over 24 hours and I STILL have gas. Its not as bad,but I feel like my whole system is on the fritz.  No wonder it was on sale.-OP

Anonymous

• That's just nasty and wrong LOL I would never eat it again!
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• yes it has so much fiber if you eat more than one serving your getting double daily fiber...yes this happend to me too hahaha
    Platinum10

Answer by Platinum10 at 12:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I bought some as my in-room snack when I stayed at a hotel with a fridge. I must've had four bowls of it one night. The next day at the site I was visiting, I not only had to hide my abundant flatulence, but I also had to take three poop breaks during my work day. Never, never again.
    Anonymous

• If your body is not accustomed to high fiber, this is certainly possible. Don't give up! Keep eating healthy foods!! I love the stuff, and have never had any issues with it.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2010