What about us Mr President?

Now before you start screaming, please read it all.
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/15/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry6100111.shtml

I answerd a question earlier that got me to thinking. Are you really paying close attention to the inner workings of this Haiti tragedy? Americans have stepped up big time. Money is flowing in by the millions and an unknown number of groups are on their way or already there. Supplies are on their way by the shipload. Just more proof of the warm heart Americans have no matter how Obama portrays us.
Obama made a good speech and promised $100 mil that we don't have and offerred up more to come. Depending on where this huge amount of money goes it may actually help these people recover. With all that money they have to get some of it. We give money to Haiti every year. America IS their economy as they have none and are Dictator run. Obama is hinting at a long term effort cont.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• not only America is giving money.

Canada's sending 50million (which per capita is more than the US), yesterday alone close to 5million was donated by private citizens

we're also sending 2 ships of supplies, and numerous air shipments of support and aid. flights have already come in with refugees....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Why is Obama going all out to help Haiti? I haven't seen him this gung ho towards America and our problems (while vastly different but none the less important) I don't think it is because they are black but I do wonder about his motivations. Surely it will make him look good internationally, giving more money than any other country. Acting swiftly with leadership.
    But we are in our own dire situation and I have seen miniscule help from our government and aside from teh furor to get healthcare passed, no fire to help Americans.
    If you read the link posted you know Obama has agreed to write about Haiti. That should cement his internationall and Democratic popularity shouldn't it. What are your thoughts. I want real thoughts not knee jerk reactions.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Sorry anon I wasn't fast enough and you didn't wait for the cont.
    All of above was mentioned
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I read it all and I have to ask myself once again What is wrong with this question??? us, us, me, me! Our needs are not anywhere near catastropic proportions!

Answer by older at 11:47 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• It's all in the distraction. They are almost done with the healthcare bill.

The money will be borrowed from the federal reserve. There's a question somewhere on here aobut China not buying our debt anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

The world is not black and white. When your neighbor's house is on fire you give them food and clothes and a place to sleep. You don't give them your retirement account and a new house. There is nothing wrong with asking for accountability and moderation.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:50 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How do you give what you don't have?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Even the homeless in this country have to 100x better off than those in Haiti.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Exactly my point anon!!

Answer by older at 11:54 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• We have hearts of stone anon didnt you hear...those of us who give without having to hear the government say we should are heartless basturds...all of us conservatives ya know heartless racissssssss lol

How dare we want to at least know if the people will actually get the money FOR SHAME
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:54 AM on Jan. 15, 2010