My mom told my cousin that she's not going to have anything to do with my baby. And after I have the baby if I leave to move out me and the baby cant come back to stay. All of this because she hates the baby's father. It upsets me alot and that doesnt help especially with me being pregnant. Would should I say what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jan. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My mom wasn't happy when i got pregnant at all... Once she seen the baby it was all in the past! maybe that's what she needs, time to adjust and figure things out for herself, talk with her tell her what is on your mind. If you want her to be a part of your lives then let her know what she means to you.. gl but don't give up yet, a lot of ppl go through this same thing!
    Anonymous

• Sounds like you should prepare to raise this baby on your own. People do it all the time. Although it'd be nice for your mom to help you out, she's under no obligation. I don't know how old you are, but regardless, you're doing the grown up thing of having a baby, so be a grown up and handle it. There's really nothing to say. You know the situation, so work with it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:50 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Having a baby means that it's time to grow up, be independent, and do this on your own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I am sorry that you are having this added stress. You are having this baby and this is supposed to be a happy time for you. Find a way to forget everyting around you and enjoy being pregnant. If you truely want your mom to be a part of this sit down with her and CALMY talk to her about how you feel. Remind her that this baby is a part of you too and ultimately her blood. ALso you may want to think maybe your cousin is stiring drama, she could be exagurating what your mom said. Second hand knowledge is always a little off if not completely made up. Just be prepared for anything when you talk to her.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 12:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Talk to your mother yourself. If you can't live with her, file for child support the day you get out of the hospital and raise the baby on your own.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• Nothing. Don't worry about it. If she chooses to do that it will be her loss. I bet she will relent on her own when she hears she has a grandbaby,
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• How old are you?
    Anonymous

• idk sounds like bs to me my cousin had a baby with a black guy ( no offence ) but her mom and my g-ma ( she lives with them ) dont like the guy but they love that baby it's not the babies choice who the parents are and she shouldnt hold it against the child if she doesnt like the father my cousin was 17 when she got pregnant 18 now but they are always there for that child regardless of who the parents are you need to explain to her that it's not the childs fault who the parents are and she should still care about the baby regardless it is her grandchild tell her to grow up a bit
    Anonymous

• I think she'll change her mind she's probably just upset right now try talking to her I'm sure when the baby gets here she'll change her mind I mean regardless of who the father is thats still her grandbaby and she'll want to have something to do with it a lot of times people say things they don't mean at the time because they are hurt or upset but give it time she'll come around
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2010

• I was 22 when I was pregnant with my first. Married a man my mom hated and she stopped talking to me when she found out I was pregnant. Called my dad at 3 am to say tell mom if she cares I'm in labor and on the way to the hospital. Next day mom drove 5 hours to see me and the baby. Do not give up hope.We all say stuff we don't mean. Give her time.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2010